What's new

S·T·S SMART RocketSim NO Reload for 3rd Party Modems

staad7

Enthusiast
Reaction
I'm exclusively using my RocketSim to my Huawei CPE modem, so the internet (data) signal is distributed in the house as wifi.

The problem is that after 30 days the data promo has expired. NOW usually what you will do is reload the Unli Data promo in GIGALIFE app to reload and reuse the expire RocketSIM.

DO NOT DO THIS !

i did it twice on different Rocket Sims, and it does NOT work in the modem anymore. no data signal after reloading it with another P600.

BUT here is the mystery, if you use that RocketSim in a smartphone there you will have a signal. But this does not resolve what i intended, that the RocketSim be reused in my modem for house wifi use.

I believe the Rocket Sim is automatically locked for 3rd party modems if you use it a 2nd time. I tried calling Smart Help center, but they just waste your time asking IMEI's of the modem, etc.. and then nothing happens.

So here is the lesson, DO NOT reuse your RocketSim by wasting a reload fee of P600 in GigaLife app. I wasted P1,200 trying this.

IT IS BETTER FOR YOU TO ALWAYS USE A FRESH SIM (it always works in my modem), than reused a sim. Better throw your used sim away.

my monthly data use is about 500 Gb. so i think there is an automatic switch in the SMART NETWORKS that if the sim reaches a certain quota, it blocks that sim for reuse in modems. I tried using a different modem and it still wont use data. only in phones you will be able to use that sim again.

1655161173700.png

Attachments

You're not clearly updated from this forum, you can still use your rocket sim by changing the imei.

And actually it isn't a mystery, Smart literally changed their rocket sim to work on smartphone and pocket wifi only.