What's new

Tutorial SKILLSHARE: 24+ Hours of Piano Lessons, Homework & Tests!

dearth

Eternal Poster
Reaction

1618027520086.png

24+ Hours of Piano Lessons, Homework & Tests! The Most In-Depth Piano Course on Skillshare!

Mark Piano De Heide, Piano Lessons

About This Class

Here's what is included in the course:
Chapter 1

1.1 Piano Note Names
It's important to start at the piano basics, and we will do so in this course by having a look at the piano note names first. Once you have learned what the notes are called, it will be easier to refer to them in the rest of this piano course. Keep in mind, these notes exist for other instruments as well, therefore the music notes can be applied on guitar, as well as anywhere else, not just for piano playing.
1.2 Learn Your First Piano Song
In this lesson, we will immediately start by learning to play a piano song: Sea Mist. The reason I decided to teach you a piano song this soon is because playing the piano should be fun. I want to balance the slightly stuffy and boring topics of music theory with some really interesting and fun pieces to play on the piano.
1.3 Piano Major Scales
Scales are very important to understand when playing piano, they are also a helpful tool to practice piano fingering techniques. However, in this lesson, we mainly focus on the music theory for piano scales. If you know your piano scales you will be able to play piano with much ease.
1.4 Play Bach on Piano
I hope you had fun learning Sea Mist in lesson 3. However, wouldn't it be cool to play Bach on the piano? A composer that is so well known, played by you after just 3 piano lessons? Maybe this piece is a little too hard for you to play on your piano or keyboard, if you just started out, it does however propose some interesting similarities throughout the entire structure of this piano piece, are you able to notice them? Practice playing this piece of J.S. Bach on the piano whilst watching other episodes in this piano course, and you will be surprised by what you can accomplish, learning piano from home!
1.5 Major & Minor Piano Chords
If you thought piano scales are important, how do you feel about major chords and minor chords? Chords are super important to understand when playing the piano, so get to grip with piano chords in this episode!
1.6 Chords in Major Piano Scales
Now it is time to blend your piano training from episodes 3 and 5 to figure out which piano chords can be found, in which major scales. You may be surprised to find some minor chords in there too!
1.7 Piano Chord Progressions
Now that you know how to play chords on the piano, it is also important that you start to understand the concept of so-called chord progressions for the piano. These chord progressions allow us to describe a piano piece in a few letters and notation, rather than having to explain a whole song to someone. If you know the chord progression to a song and know how to play chords on the piano, you can play this song almost instantly!
1.8 Intervals & Transposing
A completely different music theory topic in this lesson! Transposing means, to re-write music another musical key. For the intervals, we will look at the distance from certain notes in a music scale from the ground tone, or tonic, also known as the root. I'm curious to see how soon you will pick up the piano theory of this episode!
1.9 Song Structures
Though song structures may seem very trivial to you, we can actually use them to remember how to play a song on the piano. It also provides a piano player with a good understanding of how a song is built up and structured, providing a calm feeling when playing piano, knowing what lays ahead of us. It saves time by knowing which chord progressions will be repeated, or repeated with a minor change to the chords.
1.10 Piano Finger Exercises
We use our fingers to play the piano and therefore it makes sense to practice our strength and flexibility, as well as the dexterity of our hands when playing piano individually or playing piano with our hands together. Let's practice this here!
1.11 Time Signatures for Piano
We are starting to get into the realm of reading sheet music and writing sheet music. However, in this lesson I don't want to put the primary focus on writing music notation, it is mainly a lesson that focuses on recognizing time signatures and being aware of the fact that there is such a thing in music theory.
1.12 Test Piano Knowledge of Chapter 1
After learning so many things, maybe starting from scratch, maybe having played piano for a year, and learning more about music theory, it is now time to put yourself to the test!
Chapter 2
2.1 Una Mattina Easy Piano
Well, what can I say, known from the beautiful movie Untouchables, the music of composer Ludovico Einaudi is breathtaking. In this lesson, we make a start off playing one of his most iconic piano pieces: Una Mattina. I've adapted it slightly so that you will have an easier time playing this beautiful musical piece.
2.2 Advanced Piano Chords
In chapter 1 we took a look at basic piano chords, the major and minor piano chords. Now it is time to pull open the black box of 4 note piano chords, 5 note piano chords, as well as crazy chords that sound terrible when taken out of context, are you up to learning some daunting piano music theory?
2.3 Piano Pedals Explained
Some pianos have 1, some have 2, some have 3 and some have none?? I'm of course talking about the piano pedals. But why do we have the pedals on a piano, and how can we use them? Watch this lesson in which I explain how to use piano pedals, and what they do!
2.4 Piano Arpeggios
Saying the word: 'arpeggio' when combing it with 'piano', makes you sound like a concert pianist or musical connoisseur. In reality, though, an arpeggio is not as glamorous as you may think, we are simply talking about broken chords for piano right here, have a look and all will be clear to you soon!
2.5 Read Sheet Music for Piano
Sheet music is one of the most feared topics for people who are starting to play the piano. I'm not a massive sheet music fan myself, but ey, you gotta learn at least a little bit of sheet music in your music theory career. Let's get it over within this lesson about sheet music for piano.
2.6 Piano Improvising for Beginners
Improvising is a feared topic for aspiring pianists and it was no different for me. When I started to play the piano I had no idea where to begin making mistake after mistake., Little did I know that when you are improvising on the piano, mistakes are not really mistakes, they are merely new opportunities for creating unique music. Let's see how creative you can get behind your piano!
2.7 Sing & Play Piano
You may not want to sing behind your piano. Maybe you know someone who does. Therefore I am teaching you how to play and sing at the same time, or how to accompany a vocalist on piano.
2.8 Find Chords for Any Song
You are rather familiar with chords, chord progressions, and scales by now, but how do you actually find piano chords to play for specific songs? In this video, I will teach you exactly how I find the chords for most of my YøùTùbé piano lessons.
2.9 Circle of Fifth's for Piano
The Circle of Fifths is a goldmine for those who seek the treasure of music theory and chord knowledge. It's a very handy tool that will allow you to discover many different patterns leading you to major and minor scales, as well as all types of chords, transposing and much more, all ready to be played on piano.
2.10 Ten Piano Commandments
In this episode, it is time to get serious about your piano practice. What are the 'rules' to practice piano properly? It is time to find out if you are cutting corners, or if you are dedicated to learning the piano properly.
2.11 Nuvole Bianche Easy Piano
It is time to learn yet another song from my master pianist Ludovico Einaudi. Today it is time to learn Nuvole Bianche on piano, an easy variant as well. The best thing is that, in order to play this song in its original way, all you need to do is change some chords to relative arpeggios, which I will explain further in chapter 3 of this piano course.
2.12 Test Piano Knowledge of Chapter 2
After learning many new things about the piano and music theory it is time for yet another test! Are you brave enough to put your piano knowledge to the test?
Chapter 3
3.1 Advanced Piano Scales
You have learned basic piano scales in chapter 1. Right now it is time to expand your knowledge about piano theory and scales belong to that. We will look at pentatonic scales, chromatic scales, harmonic minor scales, melodic minor scales and whole step scales.
3.2 Piano Basics for Pop & Rock
Did you know that when you play rock on piano, or pop on piano, in 95% of the cases you can do so by repeating some simple chord progressions? In this lesson, we will discover how rock and pop songs are built up, and how we can play these songs with a melody line in the right hand, and supporting chords in our left hand on the piano.
3.3 Piano Modes Explained
If you thought the music scales from lesson 1 of this chapter were intimidating, be warned, the piano modes that I will teach you in this episode include the: Ionian mode, Dorian mode, Phrygian mode, Lydian mode, Mixolydian mode, Aeolian mode and Locrian mode. You will have more than enough to think about after watching these modes for piano, so take a rest before and after watching this piano tutorial.
3.4 Intermediate Piano Melodies
We looked at some basic melody structures in lesson 2 of this chapter, however, it is time to expand our piano skills to a new level. Let's introduce a mix of melody and chords in the right hand of our piano compositions!
3.5 Combine Left & Right Hand
Ai, this is one of the topics that aspiring piano players avoid as long as possible, yet it is so important to start practicing combining your left and right hand when playing piano, as soon as you get the chance. In this piano lesson I want to implore you to take the right steps to accomplish this: combining left and right for piano explained.
3.6 Reggae Piano Rhythm
Time to try something new. We have been playing some classical and pop on the piano. I have also explained the basics surrounding pop and rock songs, but now it's time to hit a new genre: reggae on piano!
3.7 Una Mattina & Nuvole Bianche
Let's take these songs by the scruff of the neck and play them the way they were supposed to be played, adding piano arpeggios to our easy piano compositions, turning these songs into original piano compositions.
3.8 Canon in D on Piano
Pachelbel never ceases to amaze with his canon. The Pachelbel canon in d is probably one of the most recognizable piano pieces, even today. It is time to have a look, and use this piece to start improvising on the piano within a given frameset.
3.9 Piano Midi Files Explained
Midi files are essential nowadays when it comes to learning to play the piano. They are so easy to use. Everybody should familiarize themselves with the piano midi tutorials, piano midi files, and midi recording for piano. It's just a very useful tool. As I explain in this lesson, I'm willing to create a separate course on how to work with midi, if the demand is there,
3.10 Let's Play Latin Piano
Again another type of piano playing in this lesson. Let's get the Margheritas and mojitos ready for a sparkling lesson teaching Latin-style piano!
3.11 Piano Finger Stretching Exercises
This lesson may sound boring to some, yet is important for all. Ensure that you go injury-free when playing the piano. Piano injuries are annoying and sometimes hard to get rid of. Watch this lesson to ensure that you increase piano flexibility, and reduce the risk of injuries when playing the piano.
3.12 Test Piano Knowledge of Chapter 3
I hope you survived the piano tests of Chapters 1 & 2. Now it is time to yet again face the challenge of any Virtual Piano Teacher-student, testing your knowledge about chapter 3. Make sure to download the resource file and make the test before watching the lesson!
Chapter 4

4.1 Play By Ear

In this lesson, you will start learning how to listen to a song, and play this song on the piano directly without having to look up the notes or chords. This is not an easy thing to achieve for piano players, however with practice comes perfection!
4.2 Common Chord Progressions
Many songs use Chord progressions that are very common. These chord progressions sound very familiar because they are used in a lot of popular songs. If you can learn to recognize these chord progressions, it will make it easier for you to play these songs.
4.3 Practice your Ears!
Which note is that? Can you hear the difference? Relative Pitch or Perfect Pitch? Relative Pitch is trainable, Perfect Pitch is also trainable yet this is more of a born gift. Give it a go in this lesson!
4.4 Splitting Piano Chords
Did you know you can play a piano chord split over 2 hands? You can simply separate the individual notes and divide them over left and right. Let's have a look at how this is done in this lesson!
4.5 Slash Chords for Piano
Sometimes the left-hand plays a different note than the tonic when playing chords. I call these chords 'slash chords' and in this lesson we will practice them on piano!
4.6 Changing Keys
Improvising on Piano? Wanna change from one key to the other? How will you do this fluently? Let's have a look at this lesson on changing keys!
4.7 Jazz Up Songs
As the title says, we are going to have a look at how to make a song sound jazzier!
4.8 Recognising Chords
In this lesson, I want to have a look at how you can recognize chords easier, and remember them better so you can play them with great ease of mind.
4.9 Composing
It's nice to play songs that are familiar to you, yet maybe you would enjoy it even more if you can compose your own songs! Let's introduce you to composing!
4.10 Practise Schedule
How often should you practice? What should you practice? These are important questions so let's have a look at what works best!
4.11 Test Chapter 4
Let's test your knowledge of Chapter 41
4.12 Test Whole Course!
After almost 25 hours of instruction, I wonder what you manage to remember. Put yourself to the test!

Link:

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Enjoy and Keep Safe!

Attachments