What's new

Simpleng Buhay! Couple Chooses A Tiny Home In The Province For Their Future Family

Finding a home where they can build a life together is an important milestone for couples. Whether it’s a You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. or a big house, in the city or in the province, as long as your hearts are in it, it will be the perfect place where you can put down your roots and You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..

For Irene Vidaurreta and her husband, Benjie, building a tiny house in Ormoc, Leyte proved to be the best decision. It’s elevated and found on top of a hill, giving them the best view of the lush surroundings.

"We moved in last March 2021. This used to be my friend and I’s weekend getaway but after getting married (also in March), my husband and I decided to live here," shares Irene, who owns the lot where the house stands.
1626793880665.png

Measuring 18 feet x 10 feet (excluding the balcony), the house is reminiscent of quaint cabins, with its laid-back atmosphere and minimal furnishings. Irene came up with the design, using pegs she found on Instagram and Pinterest for inspiration. Benjie gave his full support to his wife while providing inputs to improve Irene’s ideas.

Why choose buhay probinsya?​

Measuring 18 feet x 10 feet (excluding the balcony), the house is reminiscent of quaint cabins, with its laid-back atmosphere and minimal furnishings. Irene came up with the design, using pegs she found on Instagram and Pinterest for inspiration. Benjie gave his full support to his wife while providing inputs to improve Irene’s ideas.

Why choose buhay probinsya?​

© Provided by Smart Parenting One of the reasons why Irene and Benjie decided to settle down in the province is to escape the pollution in the city. Here, they can breathe in fresh air and just be in awe of nature every day. PHOTO BY Courtesy of Irene Vidaurreta
These days, it’s no longer surprising for young homeowners to choose to leave the city to settle in calmer locations away from the pollution and congestion. For Irene, it’s all about embracing a quieter and more peaceful lifestyle.

"Life in the province is so laid-back. It’s like a way of refreshing your soul from the toxic urban life," she shares.

Tiny house living also taught them about contentment. "I am encouraged to practice minimalism. One of the challenges of living in a small home is organizing it to make it look spacious despite the limited space," says Irene.

"I refrain from buying things I see online. I tell myself, ‘Hindi ito kasya sa bahay.’ You can always find happiness in small things. You just need to learn to appreciate what you have," she adds.

Building a family-friendly tiny house​

Some might be wondering if living in a tiny home in the province is ideal for families. For Irene and Benjie, the answer is a resounding yes.

"[You should] build a house you see yourself living in 30 or 50 years from now. If you seek a healthy heart and peace of mind, I recommend living in the province," Irene explains.

The couple doesn’t have second thoughts about starting a family in their tiny house, too. "I want my children to grow up in a peaceful environment. As they grow old, I want them to appreciate the earth in its natural state, to know that it does not require too many materials things to be truly happy," muses Irene.

Take a peek inside their tiny house in Leyte below:
1626793902661.png
1626793910809.png

Attachments

másáráp talaga buhay sa probinsya.. kung ako lang din sa probinsya din ako magtatayo ng sarili kong bahay,