Should I Just Go With The Flow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cee Jay

🧿 𝕾𝖔𝖚𝖑 𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖇𝖗𝖊 🧿
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction
I have been working in the BPO industry for quite few years now and the reason why I resigned from my previous company is the fact that I was forced to get promoted to a position I am not yet prepared to take. It's saddening that the same thing is happening again with my current employer/company.

Back in November, my manager asked me to be up-skilled to a position but I declined his offer letting him know that I am aiming for something else. 2 months later, he asked me again to be up-skilled to a different position but for the same reason, I declined his offer. Last April, he asked me together with 2 other employees to be promoted to a higher position. We had a discussion and the other 2 folks said "YES".. and I said "NO". I told him I am aiming for a different position and that I am not yet prepared that's why I am not yet sending my letter of intent. My manager told me that he is so disappointed in me. I even gave him Starbucks coffee as a peace offering. Then came May 20... my credentials changed. I suddenly gained access to things I normally don't have an access to_ things that only the leadership can access.

I was so shocked and at the same time wondered why or how. I then approached my manager only to find out that he included my name on the list of employees to be promoted to the position I humbly declined. I asked him to change my credentials back to what it is before but it seems he doesn't care. Now I am forced to do a job or certain tasks. I am not happy! My colleagues know that I am not happy for what's going on. They know I changed a lot. I no longer laugh. I just can't control my emotions. Everybody knows... but why? How come my manager seem to doesn't care at all? Every night, I have been asking him to request a change with my credentials but nothing happens. I asked my senior supervisor and she just told me that "they" can see the potential in me that's why. I doubt it! I doubt myself. I know myself better than anyone else.

It's already the beginning of June.. and I don't know what should I do.

I need your opinion, guys.. should I just go with the flow or not?

you only think you are humble but actually you are already predicting the future

you are not being humble, you are bragging about you not needing a better income

it is not for you to decide on what you can do for the company, they are the boss and you should respect their decisions until sila mismo mag sabi sa iyo na hindi mo nga kaya

Last edited:
you only think you are humble but actually you are already predicting the future

you are not being humble, you bragging about you not needing a better income

it is not for you to decide on what you can do for the company, they are the boss and you should respect their decisions until sila mismo mag sabi sa iyo na hindi mo nga kaya
Tama po sir 👍

Mukhang qualified ka naman kaya gusto ka promote. Ayaw mo ba ng salary increase?

TALK..yan lang muna ser.need mo kausapin yung taong nagpromote sau and explain mo kung bakit.ganun lang yan..umpisahan muna sa isang mabuting usapan

How about you open to them your goal position or something that you like to aim? Try to be transparent to them so they will understand why you declining their offer. If yung aim mo is outside the company work, well that is an another story.

How about you open to them your goal position or something that you like to aim? Try to be transparent to them so they will understand why you declining their offer. If yung aim mo is outside the company work, well that is an another story.
Tama ka TS.. maybe try to open up with them kung ano talaga Ang dahilan kung bakit ayaw mong tanggapin Ang inioffer nila..

grab nyo na po ts..sayang po ung pagkakataon malay mo ts yan ung mga sign para mag grow ka..tiwala ka lang ts kaya mo yan ..walang impossible pag dimo susubukan ..at may mapupulot kadin lesson ts sa bawat experience mo ..kaya mo yan.

Don't go with the flow, only a dead fish goes with the flow. If meron ka challenges sa life go and conquer it. Kaya mo yan.