What's new

Android App Share your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanz45

Eternal Poster
Reaction
good day..

im wondering lang if pwde ma change ang mac address ng any android phones like we do on wimax.. to have a free net.... pwde ba yun...

share nyo naman pag meron kayu idea... slamat

[Guide Root] How To Spoof The Mac Address Of Any Android Device

Requirements
1. Rooted Phone
2. Busybox installed
3. Mac Address Ghost app
4. A brain

------Disclaimer-------
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any questions before modifying your phone. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
------Disclaimer-------

About the requirements.

1.You need to root your device.
In order to do that search Google with - *********** device's model number here- root. Or you can search XDA, which is where Google will probably lead you to.

2.You need to have busybox installed. Most custom ROMS already have it installed. But if you don't have it installed this app here does an awesome job and doesn't require an internet connection. Just select the latest version and install it.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

3. You need this app here
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Instructions

Follow these exactly or it won't work.

1. Open the Mac Address Ghost app
2. Click on the wrench icon on the right.
attachment.jpg
3. Click on add.
attachment.jpg
4. Now fill in the blanks
The profile name doesn't matter.
In the 2nd blank put in wlan0 if you have a newer phone. If it doesn't work later, put in eth0 and it should work.
In the 3rd blank put in the mac address you want to change to. It will automatically capitalize and input colons.
5. Now click OK and save.
6. Close the app.
7. Open your wifi settings.
8. Long press on the network you want to connect to and click forget. If the option to forget doesn't show up its because it's already forgotten.
9. Open Mac Address Ghost again.
10 . click on the big button and select your address from the list (probably the first one)
attachment.jpg
11. Press the button that says "Classic"
12. This is important. You will be prompted to give superuser permissions to Mac Address Ghost. If you have The old Superuser that looks like this attachment.jpg then check remember. If you have the new ClockworkMod superuser then check "This time only". attachment.jpg
13. the app will then open wifi settings where you can select the appropriate network to connect to.

The new mac address is temporary and only lasts till you turn wifi off or reboot.
To change your mac address again repeat process starting with step 7.

Please report back with your success or failure. I do know that on gingerbread devices you don't have to forget the network every time. I have only tested this on Gingerbread and Jellybean so far.

Credits: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Attachments

yeah i have seen this too...and read.. haha... does this thing work like wimax free net?

[Guide Root] How To Spoof The Mac Address Of Any Android Device

Requirements
1. Rooted Phone
2. Busybox installed
3. Mac Address Ghost app
4. A brain

------Disclaimer-------
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any questions before modifying your phone. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
------Disclaimer-------

About the requirements.

1.You need to root your device.
In order to do that search Google with - *********** device's model number here- root. Or you can search XDA, which is where Google will probably lead you to.

2.You need to have busybox installed. Most custom ROMS already have it installed. But if you don't have it installed this app here does an awesome job and doesn't require an internet connection. Just select the latest version and install it.

3. You need this app here

Instructions

Follow these exactly or it won't work.

1. Open the Mac Address Ghost app
2. Click on the wrench icon on the right.
attachment.jpg
3. Click on add.
attachment.jpg
4. Now fill in the blanks
The profile name doesn't matter.
In the 2nd blank put in wlan0 if you have a newer phone. If it doesn't work later, put in eth0 and it should work.
In the 3rd blank put in the mac address you want to change to. It will automatically capitalize and input colons.
5. Now click OK and save.
6. Close the app.
7. Open your wifi settings.
8. Long press on the network you want to connect to and click forget. If the option to forget doesn't show up its because it's already forgotten.
9. Open Mac Address Ghost again.
10 . click on the big button and select your address from the list (probably the first one)
attachment.jpg
11. Press the button that says "Classic"
12. This is important. You will be prompted to give superuser permissions to Mac Address Ghost. If you have The old Superuser that looks like this attachment.jpg then check remember. If you have the new ClockworkMod superuser then check "This time only". attachment.jpg
13. the app will then open wifi settings where you can select the appropriate network to connect to.

The new mac address is temporary and only lasts till you turn wifi off or reboot.
To change your mac address again repeat process starting with step 7.

Please report back with your success or failure. I do know that on gingerbread devices you don't have to forget the network every time. I have only tested this on Gingerbread and Jellybean so far.

Credits: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Salamat sa info boss Draft (y)

Attachments

toinks.. need pa ng wifi para maka net?? panu if data lang gagamitin ko...

baka di nyo maintindihan. balik ko lang ulit..

pwde ba e try sa android na e change and mac add para maka net??

same as wimax we can just change the mac para magamit ulit ang nett tama??

so pwde bayan e try sa android

Sa tingin ku ay di pwede.
Malaki po pinagkaiba ng Android phone at Wimax :)

hmmmm... mag hahanap nalng ako.. na physically ma change ang mac.. para sa free net

Status
Not open for further replies.