Not open for further replies.

Strawberrry

Forum Veteran
Solutions
Reaction
10d11f8adb.jpg

Setting up & using KeePass Offline Password Manager
Picking a version.

KeePass offers different versions. The Classic Edition is the version I use, both are pretty much the same. The other version would be the Professional Edition. The download is located You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..

How to setup a database file?

KeePass is very easy to setup. First off download either edition and install/run KeePass. If you are using Windows then proceed to the step after this.

Linux Install

This is pretty simple. Simply just run this as Root and Bingo!
Code:
sudo apt-get install keepass2

From here you will need to open KeePass and it will prompt to open or create a new database file where everything is stored.

It will first ask for a new Master Key, this can be anything you want but do remember it because if you do not have a key file you will probably be locked out of you're KeePass database.
98540f033ddf19df1c3a252ac7673448.png

Re-Enter the Master Key again to confirm. Then you are presented with this screen.
4900e38e673f930ff32e1b0e2668a97d.png

To add a account/login/etc. Click on the Green Arrow Down Key button, this will prompt a new entry to be added.
e467d990552cffb2aa6c57b61287a2a8.png

As you can also see it generates a password automatically for you and you can manually edit the settings by clicking the box right next to the repeat bar.
611de5eea743fd5721853f22a7aa6697.png

You can also set a Expires on to help remember to keep fresh new passwords on you're accounts. The Edit tab allows you to do most things editing wise for example adding a new entry or organizing the groups. My favorite feature is the auto-type, it types in the login for you quickly. You can also use plugins with KeePass which can be found You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.. KeePass can also work on many different systems including Android and iPhone. Hope this helped you guys out today. If you need any help don't hesitate to tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.