What's new

Closed Selinux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmrie_

in memoriam 1995-2021
Solutions
Reaction
SELinux, which was introduced in Android 4.3, is a mandatory access control system built into the Linux kernel, in order to help enforce the existing access control rights (i.e.permissions), and to attempt to prevent privilege escalation attacks (i.e. an app trying to gain root access on your device)

What is the use of SELinux?

Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) is a Linux kernel security module that provides a mechanism for supporting access control security policies, including United States Department of Defense–style mandatory access controls (MAC).

deep-dive-into-android-security-35-728.jpg

Android security..

Additional Information. There are two types of SeLinux. One is Enforcing and the other is Permissive. The enforcing version of selinux is to avoid any custom binary flashing , such as Custom Recovery , Installing Tweaks , Installing Root , and OEM Unlock on a device. While on the Permissive , you be able to change anything that enforcing version of selinux can't. It's like vise versa between the two versions. Enforcing is = ✖ Permissive is = ✔

© Myself.

Additional Information. There are two types of SeLinux. One is Enforcing and the other is Permissive. The enforcing version of selinux is to avoid any custom binary flashing , such as Custom Recovery , Installing Tweaks , Installing Root , and OEM Unlock on a device. While on the Permissive , you be able to change anything that enforcing version of selinux can't. It's like vise versa between the two versions. Enforcing is = ✖ Permissive is = ✔

© Myself.
Thanks po boss :)

Go to settings/about phone sa pinakaka baba makikita niyo kung naka permissive or enforcing

© Myself.

Yun oh pano maging permissive device ko boss huhuhu lagi kasi may error pag mag install ako custom rom :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back