What's new

Security guard accepts apology of hit-and-run SUV driver but to pursue complaint

1655699740026.png

The security guard has accepted the apology of the SUV driver who ran over him in a hit-and-run incident in Mandaluyong City on June 5. However he said he will still pursue a complaint against the suspect.

“Tinatanggap ko 'yung pag-sorry niya, paghingi niya ng tawad sa akin, sa mga kamag-anak ko, sa pamilya ko. Pero 'yung kaso, nandon pa rin 'yung kaso. Tuloy pa rin 'yung kaso,” victim Christian Joseph Floralde, 31, said in an exclusive interview of Maki Pulido for Reporter's Notebook aired on GMA News’ Unang Balita on Monday.

(I am accepting his apology to me, my family, and my relatives but I will still pursue the case.)

“Paano kung namatay ako, paano 'yung pamilya ko? Paano kung walang dash cam na video tapos namatay ako? Sino masisi, sino hahabulin? Itutuloy-tuloy namin hanggang sa makamit namin 'yung hustisya na nararapat po sa akin,” he added.

(What if I died, what will happen to my family? What if there was no dash cam video? Who will be accountable? We will pursue the complaint until we obtain the justice I deserve.)

Floralde said he is still suffering from pain and trauma due to the incident.

"Parang kumikibot 'yung katawan ko tuwing makakakita ng sasakyan lalo na 'pag malapit sa akin," he said.

(My body seems to twitch whenever I see a vehicle especially if it is near me.)

He is taking pain relievers at the moment to ease the body pains.

Floralde recounted his experience during the hit-and-run incident.

He said he is on duty as a perimeter guard from 10 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

Minutes before 4 p.m. on June 5, he motioned to a SUV going left at the corner of Julia Vargas Avenue and St. Francis Street to stop. However, the SUV You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. into him and hit his knee. After falling down on the road, Floralde thought the driver would check if he was okay.

“Nagulat na lang ako bigla niyang pinatakbo na lang 'yung sasakyan hanggang sa 'yun nga, nagulungan ako ng sasakyan (I was shocked that he just drove the car away until that’s it, the vehicle ran over me),” he said.

"'Di ko naman akalain na matutumbok niya ako. Tinamaan 'yung bandang tuhod ko hanggang sa bumagsak na ako," he added.

(I did not think he would hit me. The vehicle bumped my knee until I fell.)

Floralde said he felt pain in the chest and body and blood came out of his mouth.

"Sumuka ako ng dugo noon. Hindi ako makahinga noon, parang naipit 'yung labasan ng hangin. Kasi parang nauupos na kandila, parang titirik na," he said.

(I coughed up blood. I could not breathe. It was like the airway was constricted. I felt like a candle slowly dying out.)

“Naisip ko na lang 'yung pamilya ko noon. Sabi ko, kapag pumikit ako baka matuluyan ako (I just thought about my family at that time. I told myself I might die if I close my eyes),” he said.

Floralde suffered wounds on the left side of his head, shoulder, and body.

"Dito siya dumaan (touching his chest). Tapos sumasakit ito (pointing to his side or torso)," he said.

His co-workers arrived, gave him first aid, then carried him to an ambulance that brought him to VRP Medical Center in Mandaluyong City.

Floralde was confined in the intensive care unit to ensure that he did not obtain more serious injuries.

His partial hospital bill ran up to P83,000 which was ρáíd by his agency.

On June 15, the SUV driver suspect Jose Antonio Sanvicente You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. to the Philippine National Police. During a press conference, Sanvicente You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. for the incident and to Floralde.

According to the police, a complaint for You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. and for abandonment of one's own victim has been filed against the suspect.

The Land Transportation Office already You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. the driver’s license of Sanvicente and disqualified him perpetually from securing a license and driving a motor vehicle. —Joviland Rita/KG, GMA News

Attachments

Balita ko talbog daw un checke na binigay sa kanya kaya tuloy pa din complaint nya. Kaso lang binastos niya si raffy tulfo nun akala nya magkakapera na siya kaya di na makahingi ng tulong ulit.

feel ko malaki ata binayad dyan, basta sagot lang pampagamot tsaka financial goods na as long bawi na bawi sya di na magfifile ng kaso yan

thats why the law of men is different to the law of God. God said, "Vegeance is mine," divine Love was a commandment that God was given. Its written in the bille "Love your enemy" its hard to forgive by letting the person and accept the fact that thye had done wrong to us.