What's new

Salvation Outside the True Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanch1018

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Most of the religions established by man teach that outside their religion there is no salvation.

If one of these is right, then, all the others are going to hell! Or, are all of them going to hell because of their presumptuous judgment that they are giving without a bit of hesitation?

JAMES 4:12 (RSV)

There is one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you that you judge your neighbor?

It is not the belief of the only one true church in the Bible to judge those who are outside!

I CORINTHIANS 5:13 (RSV)

God judges those outside. “Drive out the wicked person from among you.”

The judgment that these religious groups are passing on to those outside of their religious caprices will be the judgment for themselves!

MATTHEW 7:2 (RSV)

For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get.

If we have to base our belief on the belief of the true church in the Bible, should we conclude that there is no salvation outside? Primarily considering reasons and logic, salvation starts outside of the true church!

THE ACTS 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The first step to salvation happens outside the true church.

COLOSSIANS 1:12-14

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Those that were redeemed or saved from the power of darkness or satan is translated into the kingdom (church) of His dear Son.

Baptism is considered to be the formal act of affiliation or being a member of the church. After baptism, a person is considered inside the church. In the 1st century of our common era, the Gentiles, before baptism, (still outside) received the Holy Spirit.

THE ACTS 10:45-48

45 And they of the c!rcumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

If the Holy Spirit is one with the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ in the work of salvation, then, it is Biblical to say that the work of salvation starts outside the true church! Which is this salvation? This is salvation from sins and the power of darkness or of satan.

EPHESIANS 2:1-2, 5

1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by (grace ye are saved)

This is called salvation by grace without works because we are buried in sins in the power of darkness! How can we work or boast of any good work if we are dead in sins?

EPHESIANS 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Notice the verb that was used in verse 8, “for by grace are ye saved”…. is in the past participle. People in the church are saved people. Saved from sins, from the power of darkness, from the power of satan! To say that there is no salvation outside the church is gross ignorance of the Bible!

After being saved from the power of darkness and translated to the kingdom or to the church, what comes next? We are waiting for the coming of the Savior.

TITUS 2:13

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;

As Savior, when He comes, He will be bringing salvation, other than that which was experienced by the members of the true church when they were saved from sins. This is yet another salvation, salvation from the wrath that is to come.

I THESSALONIANS 1:10 (RSV)

and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

But if we are to examine the context of the Scriptures, must we believe that only those inside the church be the only ones to be saved from the wrath to come? Let us examine this in a profound Biblical manner.

The Lord Jesus, when He was on earth, said:

JOHN 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The fact is, there are sheep that are not of the fold or the church. They are not among the flock. The flock is the church.

THE ACTS 20:28

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

“….other sheep I have, which are not of this fold….”

The Lord Jesus Christ is saying that there are sheep outside of the flock or the church, and He will save them also!

The thief in the cross was not baptized in the church, nor was numbered among the 1st century Christians!

THE ACTS 2:47

Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

I CORINTHIANS 15:6

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

But nobody in his proper senses will deny that the Lord Jesus is going to save the thief come judgment day! Won’t this be sufficient to disprove the malicious claims and caprices of many insane religious leaders?

LUKE 23:39-43

39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

But will the thief be just a simple exception to the rule? Are there other human beings that will be saved outside of the true church?

More to follow God willing!

Sincerely,

Mr.Controversy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back