Closed Rescue dog detects cancer on owner’s nose, saves her life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmrie_

in memoriam 1995-2021
Solutions
Reaction
a0KRrLL_460s.jpg

A rescue dog is being credited for saving an Amherst, New York, woman’s life.

Lauren Gauthier said her one-eyed rescue dog, Victoria, persistently sniffed a red spot on her nose, prompting her to get the bump checked, and she’s so glad she did. It turns out the bump was basal cell carcinoma, a type of skin cancer.

aGjgmwz_460s.jpg
“It really is amazing that my dog was so persistent in sniffing the area that was skin cancer,” She said. “The surgery itself has changed my face, and if my dog had not picked up on it, I may have ignored the spot, which could have risked further disfigurement. Hounds have a keen sense of smell but I never thought that I would personally benefit from it!”

aXxjyXb_460s.jpg
aKjdQP6_460s.jpg
Since the cancer was detected early on, it didn’t spread or cause further health issues. Victoria, who was rescued from a shelter, saved her owner’s life by not giving up on showing her something was wrong.

Had it not been for her intuitive pup, Gauthier may have never gone to the doctor.

awXoE7Q_460s.jpg
a9pRxPm_460s.jpg
“I am so thankful for Victoria. She and I have always had a close bond and she senses when I’m upset or stressed; I had no idea she’d be able to detect that I had cancer lurking underneath my skin,” Gauthier said.

“What is particularly rewarding is that I adopted her through the rescue that I founded, and devote much of my life to saving hounds who have been abused or neglected. It seems Victoria and her keen skills are the way that the hounds decided to give back to me.”

Iba talaga pag aso galing

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.