What's new

Closed Redmi 9C Wifi stops working after leaving sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevindd992002

Addict
Reaction
I just bought this phone and I'm trying to use it in my network. I use Ubiquiti products (16-port switches and a bunch of AP access points). I connected the phone via wifi to my network and it has no problem for a while until it just doesn't have Internet connection. It stays connected with its IP address intact but for some reason it cannot seem to reach the Internet. The workaround is to simply turn off the wifi module and turn it back on. It's randomly happening and the workaround is very annoying.

I have a couple of other mobile devices (iPads, iPhones, Android phones, Windows laptops, etc.) and I never experienced the issue with these. I tried connecting the Redmi 9C to all my wifi networks:

Guest wifi with captive portal
Main wifi with RADIUS authentication
IoT wifi with regular WPA2 personal authentication

I tried resetting the wifi settings of the phone. I tried reinstalling the latest MIUI fw/sw.

and the result is the same, every time. At this point, I can safely consider that there has to be something wrong with the phone. I'm not sure if it's because of the MIUI 12 update because I updated the phone to the latest firmware as soon as I got it out of the box. Is this a known issue with this phone? I have another Xiaomi phone (Mi Mix 3) on the same network without any issues.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Apparently, this is an issue for a lot of Xiaomi phones. Here's one thread for the Note 9S:

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.