What's new

Swimmah

Forum Guru
Reaction
Psalms 122:8 (KJV) For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.

Sometimes it’s too easy to let our own needs and wants consume our prayer time. But we as Christians are an interconnected global community, and God calls us to intercede for each other. Let us still our minds and lift up the people that God places on our hearts, whether it is the stressed single mother from the local church or our persecuted brothers half a world away. Who is God inviting you to remember in prayer today?

Father, I thank You for responding faithfully to all of my needs. Help me to turn my heart to others, near and far, who are equally loved by You. I pray Your peace over war-torn nations, Your provision over the impoverished, Your perseverance over the persecuted, and Your comfort over the grieving. In Jesus’ name, amen.

For any brethren and companions' sakes — Because this city is the abode of my kinsfolk and countrymen, I will wish it prosperity. I will promote its peace and tranquillity by all means in my power. I will affectionately say, May peace be within thee!