What's new

Pres. Duterte postpones implementation of child car seat law

1613095248215.png

It's now Palace official.

President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the deferment of Republic Act 11229 or the Child Car Seat Law following public criticism. The announcement was made by Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque on Thursday, during a press briefing.

"Nagdesisyon na po ang ating Presidente. Ipinagpaliban po o deferred ang pagpapatupad o implementasyon ng child car seats," he said.

(Our president has decided. He has decided to postpone or defer the implementation of the child car seats [law]).

The Child Car Seat Law drew heavy criticism from the public due to unclear regulations and guidelines. There was also no clear protocols for the enforcement of the said law. The public also criticized the timing of its implementation given the current economic situation. Along with the requirement that child seats have to be compliant with safety regulations, the law was subjected to even more backlash.

According to the law, children aged 12 and below must be seated in a car seat when riding inside vehicles. The Land Transportation Office (LTO) later cleared up that children who are at least 150 cm or 4’11” in height are exempt from using child car seats. For children who are 150 cm or 4’11” tall, they could use ordinary seat belts. Not only that, the child restraint system (CRS) must be accredited by the LTO, and those who purchased the seat before its implementation must have theirs inspected by the agency. Meanwhile, teenagers aged 13 and up are likewise exempted from the rule, regardless of height.

The controversial law was signed by President Duterte himself on February 22, 2019. The LTO and the Department of Transportation (DOTr) has since been in favor of postponing the implementation of the Child Car Seat Law. With the President now officially pushing back its implementation, we might not be hearing about the need for car seats for a while.

FROM: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Attachments

Well for me walang masyadong nagreklamo about sa ganyan kasi afford naman ng yayamanin eh 😒. For me dapat lang na lagyan ng maraming pagkakagastusan ang private vehicle cars, kung kulang sa study eh for me may nais lang kumita diyan. Pag may ini-implement asahan mo may kumikita diyan, style yan ng nakaupo sa gobyerno. Di pwedeng sisihin dito ang presidente dahil di siya ang gumagawa niyan kundi mga nag implementor niyan, nag sign lang siya ng approval.

[XX='arsenal1205, c: 779995, m: 1107779'][/XX] monthly car payment + monthly payment sa reeceng rims, para di naman kakahiya tinginan yung vios nila baka mabully sila na pang taxi lang yung auto nila.

Aside from the fact that child seat car is only for rich people, I think it is a good thing for the safety of the kid. Rich or poor, a kid must stay safe and protected! It is mandatory in many developed countries, in France for example kids up to 10 years old must sit in one of those (or been less than 135 cm tall).
The problem, only one supplier was certified by lto, meaning, one more time it was just a juicy business for a crook! Like the mandatory face shields: only in the Philippines face shields are required, and guess who is the main supplier: asawa ni bong go :mad:
And one more time you can see this administration stupidity, changing mind afterwards once they realized it was not a so bright idea after all. Plus in time of a sanitary crisis they don't find anything else to do?

Last edited:
our country is doomed these days. :cry: i always keep praying for the better future of the philippines. (i hope you too praying) i may migrate abroad in the future but i don't know how i much i will take the new traits and culture etc..

[XX='arsenal1205, c: 781169, m: 1107779'][/XX] yung mga puti kung boss dati mga sasakyan nila mga affordable japanese cars, pero subrang dami nilang pera sa banko. tayo naman halos di na maka bili nang lupa at bahay uu nahin pa yung mahal na cellphone, mahal na motor, mahal na sasakyan.

[XX='Delta India Charlie Kilo, c: 781315, m: 262490'][/XX] baka kasi ayaw pahalata na mayaman sila. kaya ayaw nila ng magagarang sasakyan. madaling mahalata eh hahaha

our country is doomed these days. :cry: i always keep praying for the better future of the philippines. (i hope you too praying) i may migrate abroad in the future but i don't know how i much i will take the new traits and culture etc..
Surely you will adapt easily! If you feel better in a progressive country, you will... I worked for 20 years in France, the first 6 months were not easy but then everything was great! I came back here to help my fellow Filipinos but now I think I will go back there as it seems that our country is hopeless! I just wait next elections, if they are rigged again (like the senatorial) I will go away!