What's new

Praying works! Until it doesn't....

Ps. Ang hirap satin mga pilipino, marami satin ang fundamental believer kaya mas marami sa mga dasal nila, dependence sa Diyos ang tema. Puro magical, at walang self-help ang mga dasal. Yan nga ang main message dun sa movie ni Nora Aunor na "Himala".
"Walang himala! Ang himala ay nasa puso ng tao, nasa puso nating lahat! Tayo ang gumagawa ng mga himala! Tayo ang gumagawa ng mga sumpa at ng mga diyos..."Sadly, naging trivial lang ang mensahe na ito.

Ikaw ba? Nasubukan mo ng magdasal? If yes I'm sure u had a lot of disappointment bcuz your prayers not answered diba?That's why u saying all of this.
I was once a believer...so i hope that answers ur question.. but this is not personal... Ung method mismo and efficiency ng prayers ang tinatanong ko dito...

If ibalik ko sayo ang tanong... Sa ilang beses ka nagdasal, how much of those prayers were answered?? Were those answered prayers the one u prayed for specifically?? Or ung answers na un eh u chose lang to attach sa pinagdasal mo to convince urself na somehow sinagot ka??

Are there no other possibilities na mangyayari ung gusto mo non unless it was prayer for??

Ps. Ang hirap satin mga pilipino, marami satin ang fundamental believer kaya mas marami sa mga dasal nila, dependence sa Diyos ang tema. Puro magical, at walang self-help ang mga dasal. Yan nga ang main message dun sa movie ni Nora Aunor na "Himala".
"Walang himala! Ang himala ay nasa puso ng tao, nasa puso nating lahat! Tayo ang gumagawa ng mga himala! Tayo ang gumagawa ng mga sumpa at ng mga diyos..."Sadly, naging trivial lang ang mensahe na ito.
So do u agree kay Ms. Nora Aunor?? Especially sa last bit na "Tayo ang gumagawa ng mga sumpa at ng mga diyos..."??

wala namang nasasagot na dasal eh puro coincidence lang ang nangyayari na masyado nating pinaniniwalaan, sa isang libong dasal maaaring isa sa mga yon maginterlap sa reality then ayon mas mangingibabaw na natupad yung dasal mo at isasantabi yung 999 na hindi natupad

Sa huli nasa tao parin ang gawa para makita mo ang changes/effect, sabi nga ng professor ko sino daw ang makakapasa sa exam...
A.) Taong nag review ng todo, pero hindi nagdasal, or
B.) Taong puro dasal ang ginawa, pero hindi naman nag review.

May point ka ts
My point of view is this.

Minsan kasi iba ang pananaw natin sa prayer,
Ginagawa natin na parang waiter sa restaurant ang Diyos.Kapag may kailangan tayo tsaka lang natin siya tinatawag.Kapag hindi agad dymating yung "order" masama loob natin or nababagalan tayo.

Ang response sa prayer minsan ay hindi palaging kagaya ng ineexpect natin.
Halimbawa, baka ang isang may cancer ay humiling na mapagaling siya sa sakit niya. Pero walang nangyayari siya,ibig bang sabihin nun hindi naririnig ang prayer niya?
Hindi naman,baka may ibang sagot sa prayer niya na iba sa ineexpect niya, baka hindi sila nawawalan ng pagkain sa araw-araw ng pamilya niya kahit nag-gagamot siya or baka nagkakaroon siya ng katatagan sa gitna ng sakit niya.etc.

The point is God does not always answer us in the way we expect.

Rest assure that He loves all of us,and soon all the suffering will be gone (Rev 21:4)

May point ka ts
My point of view is this.

Minsan kasi iba ang pananaw natin sa prayer,
Ginagawa natin na parang waiter sa restaurant ang Diyos.Kapag may kailangan tayo tsaka lang natin siya tinatawag.Kapag hindi agad dymating yung "order" masama loob natin or nababagalan tayo.

Ang response sa prayer minsan ay hindi palaging kagaya ng ineexpect natin.
Halimbawa, baka ang isang may cancer ay humiling na mapagaling siya sa sakit niya. Pero walang nangyayari siya,ibig bang sabihin nun hindi naririnig ang prayer niya?
Hindi naman,baka may ibang sagot sa prayer niya na iba sa ineexpect niya, baka hindi sila nawawalan ng pagkain sa araw-araw ng pamilya niya kahit nag-gagamot siya or baka nagkakaroon siya ng katatagan sa gitna ng sakit niya.etc.

The point is God does not always answer us in the way we expect.

Rest assure that He loves all of us,and soon all the suffering will be gone (Rev 21:4)
That didnt answer my question at all... So wats the point of prayer if ang iaanswer eh not the one that you prayed for?? And if god will just do whatever he wants then again, eh wats the point of praying for something??

And if god "answers" prayers differently then how wpuld u know na si god ang cause nung nangyari sayo???

Granting na may mga tao na nagdadasal ng kung ano ano lang na walang kwenta nmn or saysay...pero u have to agree na madame ang nagdadasal ng matagal na panahon para sa mga importanteng bagay sa buhay nila ang di nasasagot ni god....

I still cant see how praying to a god will help...

In my perspective praying is not the same as wishing. Its not something people do to get what they want or need. It is nothing but a form of coping mechanism used by people to get through their hardships day by day. Similar to belief in religion or spiritual entities, praying enhances the morale of the believer to continue on holding their sanity. The main thing is Hope. As long as people have a Hope on something they can pursue it further thus fulfilling what they prayed for in the long run eventually amidst the various outcomes of their pursuit. Hence, the popular saying goes like "nasa tao ang gawa".

I reckon you are not praying anymore similar to me as we already have different forms of coping mechanism.

Last edited:
In my perspective praying is not the same as wishing. Its not something people do to get what they want or need. It is nothing but a form of coping mechanism used by people to get through their hardships day by day. Similar to belief in religion or spiritual entities, praying enhances the morale of the believer to continue on holding their sanity. The main thing is Hope. As long as people have a Hope on something they can pursue it further thus fulfilling what they prayed for in the long run eventually amidst the various outcomes of their pursuit. Hence, the popular saying goes like "nasa tao ang gawa".

I reckon you are not praying anymore similar to me as we already have different forms of coping mechanism.
If that is the case, then it can be more aptly called a 'placebo', a panacea.

Hope per se is not bad. However, when hope consumes your entire belief system then a person changes to a hope-clinging individual rather than a solution or fact-finding one.

I hope to get my position in the company to get better. That is good. But to put your life and entire belief system around hope, then a person is nothing but like a floating drift wood.

That didnt answer my question at all... So wats the point of prayer if ang iaanswer eh not the one that you prayed for?? And if god will just do whatever he wants then again, eh wats the point of praying for something??

And if god "answers" prayers differently then how wpuld u know na si god ang cause nung nangyari sayo???

Granting na may mga tao na nagdadasal ng kung ano ano lang na walang kwenta nmn or saysay...pero u have to agree na madame ang nagdadasal ng matagal na panahon para sa mga importanteng bagay sa buhay nila ang di nasasagot ni god....

I still cant see how praying to a god will help...
Thank sa iyong point of view
I think na-mimiss understand natin ang prayer.

Marami sa atin iniisip na ang prayer ay parang "requesting" means sa mga gusto natin or sabihin nating kailangan natin. Prayer is actually talking to God, personal relationship to Him.

Second, we have to accept that He is the most powerful, knowledgeable, wisest Person in the cosmos far more better than us. Having said that, He may opt not to grant our wish the way we expect them because he knows better than we do. Third, if the prayer is against His will we should not expect Him to hear them out. Fourth, there is a bigger issue involve here than our own condition.(Someone challenged His rightful rule and the integrity of all who chose to trust him)

To illustrate my point:

A child ask his father to buy him a motorcycle. A loving father refuses the request because he know that it might hurt his son, he is not ready yet. Instead, the father drive a motorcycle with his son and show him the roads and road signs.
At first glance the father might not "answering" the request of his son but actually, he is preparing him for the things that he should know and might face when the time comes he will old enough to drive his own motorcycle. The son might repeated ask his father of the same request but he just receives a nod from from his father.

(This might not be the best analogy, but hope you get my point :) )

point is: Prayer is a sign of personal relationship and trust to God, and he know better than we do.

Q: How do we know if the answer is from God?
A: There is no way to know that except you know the Person (God) qualities. That requires taking more knowledge about Him through His word. It is like a gift from a close friend who didn't put his name on it. Because you know your friend so well that even there is no name in it you you its him in the way the gift wrapped, the kind of gift, and the timing you recieved it.

Q:Is prayer only give us a placebo effect? or just another coping mechanism?
A:It is true that many pray because there seems no one to talk to lay their "burden". God encourages us to do so, throw all our burden to Him. But that doesn't end there, He want to comfort us through His holy spirit, the calmness and peace you feel after you pour out yourself to Him is actually the result of holy spirit. How do we know that? Again, you have to know the Person you are praying for. Remember when the time we bruise our knees, our parent listen to us as we told them what happen. They can't take the bruise away, but they comfort us because they know we can cope through it,

For the meantime, God allow things to happen, (because the bigger issue involve). But this will not go on forever, it will end soon.
Regarding the bigger issue involve, you may opt to contact me if you want to know what it is.

Matthew 7:7-11

The human understanding or the ability to know being limited, how did you know that the god is indeed "He is the most powerful, knowledgeable, wisest Person in the cosmos far more better than us."? Considering that there are lot of malevolent events and actions happening in the past, present and most likely in the future, how did a "wisest" and presumably benevolent entity allow such occurrences?

Now if you tell me - it's because it's in the bible. Then that is no truer than the words in koran or tripitaka or alistair crowley's. Likewise, I can simply made a similar quote like this:

"I love KUNG FUUUUUU!"
-- Po (Kung Fu Panda)

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Last edited:
The human understanding or the ability to know being limited, how did you know that the god is indeed "He is the most powerful, knowledgeable, wisest Person in the cosmos far more better than us."? Considering that there are lot of malevolent events and actions happening in the past, present and most likely in the future, how did a "wisest" and presumably benevolent entity allow such occurrences?

Now if you tell me - it's because it's in the bible. Then that is no truer than the words in koran or tripitaka or alistair crowley's. Likewise, I can simply made a similar quote like this:

"I love KUNG FUUUUUU!"
-- Po (Kung Fu Panda)

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Sad to say but it is true, its in the Bible. The question is can you trust what the Bible says? Is the Bible is the same as any other books?

That's another topic to discuss. But as far as this thread is concern, praying is a personal relationship to the Creator/God. It take a leap of faith to believe what we don't see.

Q:How do I know that "He is the most powerful, knowledgable and wisest"?
A: Looking around us might prove that, observing the vast universe will give us the conclusion that no man make/create that. The sun alone is a proof that there is Designer of the cosmos. Of course, this will bring us to the next topic," IS is really designed or just a product of accidental Bigbang or evolution?

The human understanding or the ability to know.

Gamitin mu ang ability mu'!

"He is the most powerful, knowledgeable, wisest Person in the cosmos far more better than us."

Alam ko na alam mu dahil piinagsama mu lang ung q & a para magmukhang kumplikado

that there are lot of malevolent events and actions happening in the past, present and most likely in the future

Hwag mung ipagpalagay lang kung anung meron sa buong kasaysayan
Co-insidence lang ba ang past present at most likeky in the future?

Nagpapatawa ka ba? Hahahah

Isa pa to anyare sa wisdom biglang nauwe sa bigbang

Kakatawa talagah tong mga to
hahahah

Last edited:
Thank sa iyong point of view
I think na-mimiss understand natin ang prayer.

Marami sa atin iniisip na ang prayer ay parang "requesting" means sa mga gusto natin or sabihin nating kailangan natin. Prayer is actually talking to God, personal relationship to Him.

Second, we have to accept that He is the most powerful, knowledgeable, wisest Person in the cosmos far more better than us. Having said that, He may opt not to grant our wish the way we expect them because he knows better than we do. Third, if the prayer is against His will we should not expect Him to hear them out. Fourth, there is a bigger issue involve here than our own condition.(Someone challenged His rightful rule and the integrity of all who chose to trust him)

To illustrate my point:

A child ask his father to buy him a motorcycle. A loving father refuses the request because he know that it might hurt his son, he is not ready yet. Instead, the father drive a motorcycle with his son and show him the roads and road signs.
At first glance the father might not "answering" the request of his son but actually, he is preparing him for the things that he should know and might face when the time comes he will old enough to drive his own motorcycle. The son might repeated ask his father of the same request but he just receives a nod from from his father.

(This might not be the best analogy, but hope you get my point :) )

point is: Prayer is a sign of personal relationship and trust to God, and he know better than we do.

Q: How do we know if the answer is from God?
A: There is no way to know that except you know the Person (God) qualities. That requires taking more knowledge about Him through His word. It is like a gift from a close friend who didn't put his name on it. Because you know your friend so well that even there is no name in it you you its him in the way the gift wrapped, the kind of gift, and the timing you recieved it.

Q:Is prayer only give us a placebo effect? or just another coping mechanism?
A:It is true that many pray because there seems no one to talk to lay their "burden". God encourages us to do so, throw all our burden to Him. But that doesn't end there, He want to comfort us through His holy spirit, the calmness and peace you feel after you pour out yourself to Him is actually the result of holy spirit. How do we know that? Again, you have to know the Person you are praying for. Remember when the time we bruise our knees, our parent listen to us as we told them what happen. They can't take the bruise away, but they comfort us because they know we can cope through it,

For the meantime, God allow things to happen, (because the bigger issue involve). But this will not go on forever, it will end soon.
Regarding the bigger issue involve, you may opt to contact me if you want to know what it is.

Matthew 7:7-11
Yan nga ang mahirap sa prayer... It needs to be according to god's will... So how do we know then kung ano ang will ni god in reference sa pinagdarasal ng isang tao? So god knows better than us... and there is a bigger issue... so back to my question na whats the point of praying then?? Talking to god?? talking about what?? And im pretty sure na god does not talk back... u simply assume na mga nagyayari is god talking back... but u cant prove that can u??

Sad to say but it is true, its in the Bible. The question is can you trust what the Bible says? Is the Bible is the same as any other books?

That's another topic to discuss. But as far as this thread is concern, praying is a personal relationship to the Creator/God. It take a leap of faith to believe what we don't see.

Q:How do I know that "He is the most powerful, knowledgable and wisest"?
A: Looking around us might prove that, observing the vast universe will give us the conclusion that no man make/create that. The sun alone is a proof that there is Designer of the cosmos. Of course, this will bring us to the next topic," IS is really designed or just a product of accidental Bigbang or evolution?
the bible proves the bible right??

and in terms of the idea of a god, eh di lang bible ang may ganung subject as mentioned by homer...so what makes the bible not the same as any other books??

in terms of faith, is faith accurate in knowing whether something is true or not?

if you're already starting with the idea na everything was created and its just that no man could do that eh anlayo na agad ng narating ng argument mo... before you rule out kung sino or hindi ang creator...need mo muna iprove everything was created to begin with... and u can leave out evolution sa topic ng "beginning" kasi thats not what evolution is.

"He is the most powerful, knowledgeable, wisest Person in the cosmos far more better than us."

Alam ko na alam mu dahil piinagsama mu lang ung q & a para magmukhang kumplikado

that there are lot of malevolent events and actions happening in the past, present and most likely in the future

hahahah
Sino ang nire-replayan mo bossing?

hahahah
Matthew 7:6