What's new

Tutorial Power Surge through ethernet port??

Scoob

Addict
Reaction
I need help figuring out if i need to replace only my mobo or both cpu and mobo.

This is what happened
I was using my pc i was gaming using my headphones so i really did not noticed that there is currently a strong thunderstorm. Suddenly my pc shut off. Upon investigation, lighting struck our exposed ethernet cable ( we connected 2 routers to our converge modem to extend the range and both routers are fried). Maybe, what happened is that my pc also got fried by the lighting since both routers and my pc are connected to the same modem via utp cable. I tried to turn on my pc for several times, i tried holding the power button and for a split second, the pc started the cpu fan started but only for a brief moment. I already tested the psu and it seems to be working fine. Also, i tried to remove the cmos battery and place it again but still, nothing happens. However, my motherboard (Asus B365M) still has its led lights working. How will i know if i need to replace only my motherboard or did the electric surge affected my cpu as well?

Thank you in advance mga ka PHC! Godbless😃

Try to clear again the cmos and reseat ram, then power on. If it fails, better to check it for repair or replacement, pwdng may power rails at coils or vrm na nadamage due to the surge ng high volts

Try to clear again the cmos and reseat ram, then power on. If it fails, better to check it for repair or replacement, pwdng may power rails at coils or vrm na nadamage due to the surge ng high volts
Tried already sir but no luck. I already replaced my mobo with an msi mortar and my pc is working fine now. Thanks😃