What's new

Help Post Anime Depression?

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Kalungkutang Nararamdaman After ng Panonood ng Anime?

Remember Assassination Classroom Ending? Another? Your Lie in April?

Normal na pakiramdam iyan kapag nagenjoy ka sa isang pangmatagalang panonood.
You will enjoy watching anime, and enjoyment causes the brain to produce endorphins. As long as you keep watching, so does the brain will keep producing endorphins, which are also considered as happy hormones.

Just like me, I can watch an entire anime nonstop. (Especially that most of us still have the luxury of time). Imagine watching Fairytail and HXH for 2 days! For two days, my brains were producing endorphins which keep me happy and full of enjoyment. However, the more time you spend watching anime, your tolerance for endorphins will rise relatively. This will cause you to produce more endorphins to meet the degree of tolerance so that you watching can keep you enjoyed, else you'll get bored. This is like a balloon of endorphins inflating. But a better analogy for this is it is like climbing a skyscraper. The skyscraper could resemble the endorphins but this skyscraper is growing. This growth is your tolerance. Once you arrive at top, then you'll get bored however, as long as you're still enjoying, your still haven't reached your climax! Spend more in watching anime and the skyscraper will keep on growing until you feel like in the midst of your kasiyahan, "about ko na ang langit." Unfortunately, most anime that you would watch will end. Once the anime ends, you can watch anime no more and your brain will stop producing endorphins. And when this happened, the skyscraper that you've been climbing will cease to exist. The height of the skyscraper (in our analogic world) determines the height of your happiness, if this skyscraper disappear, then you will fall. The higher you climb the deeper you're going to fall. Now, if going up made you feel good then the reverse is going down will make you feel negative feelings, hence, depression. This is especially true if you watch an anime with absolute ending without a promised continuation.

People tend to fight and escape depression. Imagine how weak people escape it, but don't you dare do the S-kill word because this is not our human nature. This idea will prove that your next action will naturally be finding an anime that is worth a watch. You will seek an anime that is similar to the one you just finished. And many times, it will disappoint you because it will give you a different 'feel'. Why? That's because of the skyscraper analogy.

The skyscraper you built while watching the anime you just finished were a hundred floors in height. The height resembles enjoyment. It's too enjoyable that most of the anime that you will start to watch now cannot compare to it, especially if the 'feel' is different.

Since this is subjective to individual minds, there will be exceptions to some people for 'the feel' to keep the endorphins in your brain (keep the feel good hormone). This examples could be finishing the anime The Asterisk War (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk). After enjoying it, you'll find your brain continue producing the feel good hormones if you watch Chivalry of a Failed Knight. But you'll get different 'feel' if you enjoyed watching Drifters and then watched Golden Time next. See the story patterns and the importance of genre, which defines our tastes.

If you're experiencing this and considered it a bother then I advice you to exercise or to clean the house. Seek company in the internet for a healthy discussion with people who watch the same anime. Your tolerance will dwindle after several days which will help you enjoy watching anime again. Thank you if you have reached reading until this part. All of these are just opinion. Not a professional of some trade. Furthermore, this helped me practice my writings. So once again, thank you!

To be honest, I put heart react not on the content (because I cant relate) but on the reason why you are writing this. Keep practicing TS. 😊

sa pagmention mo pa lang ng mga anime na nakakadepress bumalik agad mga masasakit na alaala ts hahaa taina gusto ko na kalimutan eh...(sige continue nako sa pagbabasa...)

btw relate ako dito tas pinakaworse sa lahat yung katatapos mo lang manood ng wholesome na anime tas nawawalan ka na ng gana manood ng anime kasi hindi na makasatisfy sa standard mo... di mo na mafeel yung dating excitement na nararamdaman mo sa twing nanonood ng anime... yung ginawa ko dati ilang months ako hindi nanood tas pagbalik ko yung inuyashiki pinanood ko apaka wholesome din ng story tas yun bumalik ulit gana ko manood kaso pili na di tulad dati na kahit anong klaseng anime panoorin ko nagugustohan ko parin

btw relate ako dito tas pinakaworse sa lahat yung katatapos mo lang manood ng wholesome na anime tas nawawalan ka na ng gana manood ng anime kasi hindi na makasatisfy sa standard mo... di mo na mafeel yung dating excitement na nararamdaman mo sa twing nanonood ng anime... yung ginawa ko dati ilang months ako hindi nanood tas pagbalik ko yung inuyashiki pinanood ko apaka wholesome din ng story tas yun bumalik ulit gana ko manood kaso pili na di tulad dati na kahit anong klaseng anime panoorin ko nagugustohan ko parin
Hahaha, yes, as if parang tumaas ang standards natin pagdating sa taste ng anime na pinanonood natin :)

You're right 👍 As if parang tumaas ang standards natin pagdating sa taste ng anime na pinanonood natin.