What's new

Help Please criticize our idea !

• Thread starter Deleted member 1791944
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1791944

Me and my friends have come up with something, and I hope you could help criticize our idea before we waste months worth of effort!

TCwHCC :
Thinking
Computer
with
Human-like
Capabilities and
Characteristics

TCwHCC or Kwack in short, would be a computer that emulates the way an average human thinks and learns.

These are the components we've come up in order to make this work:
project_kwack.png
made using logomakr

Memories would be separated into 3 categories:
1. Object - this is something that could be held and felt.
2. Concept - an idea that is thought.
3. Action - something that could be done.
*more categories might be added or changed by Kwack if it actually learns

Kwack's Learning Algorithm goes like this (rough summary):
1. Obtain / Gather the input.

2. Compare input with knowledge.

3.1 If nothing is similar with the input, learn by communicating with humans/looking it up on provided internet sources/simply crawling through the internet.
3.2 If something similar is found, create a relationship between the two and form an assumption on how they are related.

4. Repeat

Here is a sample situation:

1. I wave to Kwack's camera.
2. Kwack uses computer vision to identify the person and their action (inverts image and turns it into a sketch).
3. It uses reverse image search and gets a word from (say google) its source or maybe it compares the sketchy image with past knowledge.
4. Learns more about the wave action, seperates the word and the actual action, but keeps the relationship between the two.
5. Turns it into knowledge.

The 2 big obstacles we believe are:
1. Hardware - because as I am typing this thread, I am currently running a cheap pc bought from a closed internet cafe (though Cloud Computing is possible).
2. Efficiency - since we didn't do our research and only thought of algorithms ourselves, we aren't exactly sure whether they're efficient.

Yes we will put few things before actually running it. (Knowledge on basic human concepts, objects and the english language).
No we will not be using pre-made libraries, everything will be from scratch.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, this concept sounds ideal. I'll look forward to this project in case you decide to push through with it. I don't really know much about computers, but I know this project could be great. I'm just worried though about how much this project/concept will cost you. Will the costs be high? Because you'll probably have to consider that.

Also, before you push through with the project I think it's best to consider the so-called "so what(s)" of other people too. Like:

1. Your project aims to emulate how humans think, but "so what"?

2. If computers can emulate how humans think, then, still, "so what"?

You'll first have to fully understand your purpose(s) of why you want computers to emulate how humans think. In that way, you'll have clearer goals.

Like, are you just doing it for fun? Or do you have a specific aim and a target market in case the project becomes successful? Indeed, the concept is immensely ideal, but more than the concept itself I'm sure that what other people would want to know more about is how your project could be beneficial in their lives in case you're not just doing it for fun or mere personal entertainment. People will want to know what they can do about it aside from admiring the fact that it could emulate how humans think. Lastly, you'll have to consider the project's limitations. What is it for and what is it NOT for?

***This is just a fair criticism. I personally like the concept. I'm actually looking forward to this. Haha. In fact, I'll BM this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.