What's new

Help Please advise need you inputs. Toyota Altis Users...

TDDigital

Honorary Poster
Guy Im planning to have my first car and my budget is only for second hand. Would A toyota Altis 2008 to 2011 be a good choice? What can you say about the fuel efficiency? And maintenance? Thank you in advance.

Corolla Altis was definitely a good choice. Compared them to Lancer or Civic, parts wise it is cheaper than the others and reliability is top notch.

But when it comes to fuel efficiency, look for Toyota Vios 1.3L manual tranny. Same cheap and easy to find parts and the build quality as the Altis. Just don't get the ex-taxis.

If you still want an Altis, Get the newer 2010-up models with Dual VVT-i.(You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..) For me mas matipid yun compared sa single VVT-i version (You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.). And the 2010-up comes with a 6-speed manual and a CVT. Than the 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic 2008-2009 models. Look for the 1.6L engine. E, G or V variant. Wag 1.8L at 2.0L lakas gas iyun.

BTW. I don't own an Altis. My neighbors has one of these but they are 2014-2016 models.

Last edited:
[XX='TDDigital, c: 495644, m: 1722120'][/XX] it's low mileage naman so it's good. Avoid din sa mga ex-taxi na altis. There are some pero rarely din. Basta ask the owners for the complete history of the car. Bring your mechanic to check the mechanicals (engine, trans., suspension etc.) and avoid flooded units.