What's new

Tutorial PiKaraoke - Y0utube Karaoke (offline)

nivr4m

Eternal Poster
Solutions
Reaction

logo.png

PiKaraoke

Source: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

I just want to share sa mga mahilig mag karaoke. While it is nice to use MagicSing, TJ Media, Platinum and other karaoke setup. Problem with these is that songs are not updated. I personally have a TJ Media but almost two years ng walang update kasi mahal/hassle mag update ng songs monthly. Luckily I was able to use PiKaraoke in my RPI and over the years it can now be installed in MAC, windows, and Linux OS.

PiKaraoke is YøùTùbé-based Karaoke machine for Raspberry Pi, OSX, Windows, and Linux. Initially, you need to be online to download YøùTùbé Karaoke videos but after you have already downloaded those videos, it can now be played offline.

PiKaraoke is a "KTV"-style karaoke song search and queueing system. It connects to your TV, and shows a QR code for computers and smartphones to connect to a web interface. From there, multiple users can seamlessly search your local track library, queue up songs, add an endless selection of new karaoke tracks from YøùTùbé, and more. Works on Raspberry Pi, OSX, Windows, and Linux!

Features​

• Web interface for multiple users to queue tracks
  • Splash screen with connection QR code and "Next up" display
  • Searching/browsing a local song library
  • Adding new songs from YøùTùbé
  • mp3 + cdg support, including compressed .zip bundles
  • Pause/Skip/Restart and volume control
  • Advanced editing of downloaded file names
  • Queue management
  • Key Change / Pitch shifting
  • Lock down features with admin mode

Although Installation is very tricky, but once you have completed the Installation. Unlimited karaoke na with your whole fam and friends. Tiyaga lang sa pag install. Although I will try my best to help, but search ninyo lang sa Google if you encountered problems.

Basic concept here is you need python 3 in your OS and installed VLC. Then install the app using the source code from Github. For pyhton users here, this would be easy, but for those who have no background on this. I hope I can help you with the installation.

Installation (I have personally tried on RPI, Linux, and windows)

I - Pre-built Raspberry Pi image (I highly recommend this if you have already RPI)​

If you're on a Raspberry Pi, you might want to just use the pre-built image to save time installing dependencies:
  • Download the zip file of the raspberrry pi image and extract it: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
  • Write the image to an SD card. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
  • Before plugging it in, configure your wifi
    • Reconnect the SD card on the computer you used to flash the file
    • In the /boot drive that shows up, make a copy of wpa_supplicant.conf.example to wpa_supplicant.conf
    • Edit this wpa_supplicant.conf and replace with your wifi router's ssid, password, and if necessary, the country code. Save the file
  • Plug in the SD card to your pi device and turn it on
  • You should eventually see the Pikaraoke splash screen
  • On your phone, connect to the IP address on the screen (or use the QR code).
  • In the web interface, go to the "Pikaraoke" submenu in the titlebar.
    • Click the link to update YøùTùbé-dl and give it a couple of minutes to complete
    • Click the link to expand the Raspberry Pi filesystem to fill the rest of your SD card
  • Pi will reboot. You should be all set!
  • The credentials to log in to the pi are - username: pi / password: pikaraoke

II - Manual install (for windows and Linux/RPI)​

A. Raspberry pi

1. Install git and pip3. On Linux or RPI, Open the terminal window and type each line​
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install python3-pip
2. Clone PiKaraoke repo:​
Code:
git clone https://github.com/vicwomg/pikaraoke.git
cd pikaraoke

3. Run the setup script:​
Code:
./setup-pi.sh
4. You will then probably need to reboot since this changes a boot setting (gpu_mem=128). This is to prevent certain videos from showing visual artifacts (green pixel distortion)
Code:
sudo reboot

B. Linux / OSX (maybe within this week I will create an ISO image)

1. Install git You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git
2. Clone PiKaraoke Git​
Code:
cd pikaraoke

3. Python comes preinstalled on most Linux distributions and is available as a package on all others.​
Check if Python is installed: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Code:
sudo apt install python3
4. Install PIP - You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Code:
sudo apt install python3-pip
5. Install VLC (to its default location): You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Open Ubuntu Software application.​
Search for vlc and install it.​
or try​
Code:
sudo apt install vlc
6. Install ffmpeg (only if you want to use --high-quality flag) You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository universe
sudo apt update
sudo apt install ffmpeg

7. Install requirements from the pikaraoke directory:​
Code:
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
Code:
pip3 install --upgrade y0utube_dl
Note: replace 0 to small letter o (as in oscar)
Code:
sudo apt install y0utube-dl

C. Windows (please let me know a very lite version of windows, so I can make an ISO image)

1. Install git You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Code:
cd pikaraoke
2. Install VLC (to its default location): You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
3. Install ffmpeg (only if you want to use --high-quality flag) You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
4. Install MS Visual C++ (required to launch YøùTùbé-dl)​
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
or​
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
5. Use scoop as a package manager.​
Install scoop by following the instructions here: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
6. Install y0utube-dl.exe. Note: replace 0 to small letter o (as in oscar)
Code:
Install y0utube-dl.exe.

7. Open a powershell, and go to the pikaraoke directory (using cd command):​
Code:
pip3 install -r requirements.txt

Note: if you have trouble installing pygame, there's apparently an incompatibility with Python 3.8. Try upgrading to the latest python version or downgrading to 3.7.​

Launching

1. Open terminal window / powershell for windows​
cd to the pikaraoke directory and run:​
2. Type​
LINUX or RPI:​
Code:
sudo python3 app.py
if you encounter due to YøùTùbé-dl path, you may try this:​
Code:
sudo python3 app.py --y0utubedl-path /usr/bin/y0utube-dl
Note: replace 0 to small letter o (as in oscar)
if you get an error while launching PiKaraoke: VLC is not supposed to be run as root. Sorry.​
Code:
sudo sed -i 's/geteuid/getppid/' /usr/bin/vlc
Code:
sudo python3 app.py --y0utubedl-path /usr/bin/y0utube-dl
or​
WINDOWS/OSX:​
Code:
python3 app.py
You must run as sudo on pi devices if you are running directly from the console since PiKaraoke uses pygame to control the screen buffer. You can probably run as non-sudo from the Raspbian desktop environment but may need to specify a different download directory than the default with the -d option.​
The app should launch and show the PiKaraoke splash screen and a QR code and a URL. Using a device connected to the same wifi network as the Pi, scan this QR code or enter the URL into a browser. You are now connected! You can start exploring the UI and adding/queuing new songs directly from YøùTùbé.​
1620464611970.png
Screenshot_20210508-164644_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210508-170303_Chrome.jpg

More detailed troubleshooting/information here: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Attachments

Last edited:
May nakainstall na nito sa windows 10?? may error akong ganito pag launch ko ng app. pahelp po.

pygame 2.0.1 (SDL 2.0.14, Python 3.7.8)
Hello from the pygame community. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "app.py", line 801, in <module>
show_overlay=args.show_overlay
File "C:\users\manue\pikaraoke\karaoke.py", line 163, in init
self.get_YøùTùbédl_version()
File "C:\users\manue\pikaraoke\karaoke.py", line 205, in get_YøùTùbédl_version
check_output([self.YøùTùbédl_path, "--version"]).strip().decode("utf8")
File "C:\Users\manue\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\subprocess.py", line 411, in check_output
**kwargs).stdout
File "C:\Users\manue\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\subprocess.py", line 512, in run
output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['C:\\Users\\manue\\scoop\\shims\\YøùTùbé-dl.exe', '--version']' returned non-zero exit status 3221225781.

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/YøùTùbé-dl-error-msvcr100-dll-runtime-missing/

[XX='thankyouforthelove, c: 1162857, m: 442174'][/XX] C:\\Users\\manue\\scoop\\shims\\Y⊕ùTùbé-dl.exe

[XX='thankyouforthelove, c: 1162870, m: 442174'][/XX] type mo lang boss kasi yung YøùTùbé auto change dito sa PHC

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/YøùTùbé-dl-error-msvcr100-dll-runtime-missing/
Palitan mo lang yung number zero sa y0utube into letter o