What's new

Closed New rules for estab!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isa lang yung point dito ni sir Draft para mabawasan yung famewhore sa FB/YøùTùbé di ko sa nilalahat pero karamihan dito mga YøùTùbér, Nilalantad agad kapag alam na gumagana yung teknik, Mga Hit and run pa naman mga yun.

Ganito kasi yan and pardon sa sasabihin ko, kung nag-eeffort kayo magtanong or maghanap ng configs, freemium accounts, software etc. eh same lang iyon sa pag post ng thread. Effort lang mga ka-PHC, you are here because we are in a community which everyone need some valuable to share. Hindi sa none sense kung mag-eeffort lang tayo. Parang nanliligaw lang kayo, you have to make effort para mapa-OO niyo ang iniirog niyo. Tsaka ano ba ang one thread lang di ba? Think of it ka-PHC 🤗. You have plenty of time to do it. Hindi yun masasagasaan ang precious time niyo.

Okay so the spam post that i made yesterday was deleted as expected, because i wanted to see how the moderators think. I made it as obvious as possible that it is a spam post. Currently, i have insufficient permissions to post in this forum subsection, might be because of that as well. And i have no qualms against that because its their right to do so.

But looking past that post, i've also seen a lot of other posts that are as useless as my post, which are either redundant, or just overall meaningless. Since i have no more permissions to make an actual thread, i'll just be posting my thoughts on the new policy.

First off, if this policy's main goal is to promote the quality of PHC overall, then i think this is a very big misstep. Why is that?

One of the most common reasons people give when they try to defend the new policy is the fact that you have a lot of meaningful things you can post in the forum, such as the ones you see on the internet.

But that's the point, that's why its wrong

You see, one of the most endearing qualities this forum has is the exclusivity of content. This is one of the only few prominent communities out there that provide its constituents with internet tricks and tools, new techniques, and really really good ****. And what does it mean if you push through a policy like this?

It means that people will start to grab content from the internet, which is VERY redundant as it is better to teach someone to "look for it / search for it first" before asking here. Now this will turn PHC into a forum filled with surface level content that can be easily looked for outside of the community.

Let me remind you people that PHC has over a million members, and if we expect a million different threads made every 30 days, just imagine the overall clutter that will be made in a year. (Though i am very much aware that there aren't a million people that are legitimately active in this forum)

Second of all, where do we get this content then? If there are AT THE VERY LEAST 500k new threads here, there is a very VERY big chance that the majority will have overlapping contents, which will make the overall content quality much more redundant and pointless, as if it wasn't pointless to begin with.

Third of all, this is more work, not only for the people, but for the moderators as well. If sorting out my spam post from before was easy enough, try doing that a couple of thousand times more for every new post made. Oh an by the way, spam posts don't usually give out their post as spam, unlike how i did it last time. So your new "Hi guys english essay made by truly yours Noxxidus pa rate naman po" in the Educ forum subsections are apparently stuff i copied from a post 5 years ago on linkedin. Good luck sorting them out for all of us.

Fourth, i think there are much better ways for this forum to actually have better content, you just haven't thought about yet. I don't mind moderators asking me for advice on how we can further regulate the forum, but not now since i haven't had enough coffee yet and i'm very sleep deprived. But even if i can't think properly yet, even i can see how stupid this policy is

If this is also for the sake of maintaining the exclusivity of the forum, so that it limits the overall audience that people will have, then you're dead wrong. You cannot ever stop people from leeching content from others and sharing it in other communities. Because no matter what you do, there will always be people willing to do the "effort" that you've been proposing just so they too, can have something to "share" to other communities.

Now, imagine if all online communities started having this "Mandatory Post" policy, now we'll be s†éáling content from each other now eh? Good job

Okay so the spam post that i made yesterday was deleted as expected, because i wanted to see how the moderators think. I made it as obvious as possible that it is a spam post. Currently, i have insufficient permissions to post in this forum subsection, might be because of that as well. And i have no qualms against that because its their right to do so.

But looking past that post, i've also seen a lot of other posts that are as useless as my post, which are either redundant, or just overall meaningless. Since i have no more permissions to make an actual thread, i'll just be posting my thoughts on the new policy.

First off, if this policy's main goal is to promote the quality of PHC overall, then i think this is a very big misstep. Why is that?

One of the most common reasons people give when they try to defend the new policy is the fact that you have a lot of meaningful things you can post in the forum, such as the ones you see on the internet.

But that's the point, that's why its wrong

You see, one of the most endearing qualities this forum has is the exclusivity of content. This is one of the only few prominent communities out there that provide its constituents with internet tricks and tools, new techniques, and really really good ****. And what does it mean if you push through a policy like this?

It means that people will start to grab content from the internet, which is VERY redundant as it is better to teach someone to "look for it / search for it first" before asking here. Now this will turn PHC into a forum filled with surface level content that can be easily looked for outside of the community.

Let me remind you people that PHC has over a million members, and if we expect a million different threads made every 30 days, just imagine the overall clutter that will be made in a year. (Though i am very much aware that there aren't a million people that are legitimately active in this forum)

Second of all, where do we get this content then? If there are AT THE VERY LEAST 500k new threads here, there is a very VERY big chance that the majority will have overlapping contents, which will make the overall content quality much more redundant and pointless, as if it wasn't pointless to begin with.

Third of all, this is more work, not only for the people, but for the moderators as well. If sorting out my spam post from before was easy enough, try doing that a couple of thousand times more for every new post made. Oh an by the way, spam posts don't usually give out their post as spam, unlike how i did it last time. So your new "Hi guys english essay made by truly yours Noxxidus pa rate naman po" in the Educ forum subsections are apparently stuff i copied from a post 5 years ago on linkedin. Good luck sorting them out for all of us.

Fourth, i think there are much better ways for this forum to actually have better content, you just haven't thought about yet. I don't mind moderators asking me for advice on how we can further regulate the forum, but not now since i haven't had enough coffee yet and i'm very sleep deprived. But even if i can't think properly yet, even i can see how stupid this policy is

If this is also for the sake of maintaining the exclusivity of the forum, so that it limits the overall audience that people will have, then you're dead wrong. You cannot ever stop people from leeching content from others and sharing it in other communities. Because no matter what you do, there will always be people willing to do the "effort" that you've been proposing just so they too, can have something to "share" to other communities.

Now, imagine if all online communities started having this "Mandatory Post" policy, now we'll be s†éáling content from each other now eh? Good job
You hit the nail on the head paps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back