What's new

DITO My DITO experience

jjarongay

Forum Veteran
Reaction
So earlier, I and my friends just bought DITO SIM from an agent of a phone and phone accessories here at SM Davao.

We ρáíd 250 pesos each for DITO SIM and for 199 load (UNLI data, call, and text for dito2dito) but in order to buy the SIM you must have to buy something from their store. Marketing 💯. But anyway, we bought the phone accessories to get the SIM. After buying the SIM, the agent activates the SIM, not from our phone but the phone that was already on the compatible list. After activating, we can now use the DITO in full function, and here's some information you might need to know.
VoLTE is needed to call someone on DITO (take note: for now, it only works from DITO to DITO)
If your phone is not VoLTE ready, you cannot call or received a call from DITO.

What is VoLTE?
~ based on what I know. VoLTE is another type of call (in contrast to a native voice call). It uses an LTE connection (4G) to call. It also had capable to do HD Video Call which is awesome.

What about Internet Speed?
~ if you're near to a DITO tower, you may get 40-80Mbps respectively (*4G, depends on location and circumstances ofc)
~ if you're inside of a building, you may experience low internet speed, about 5-15Mbps*
~ if you're in an area where the tower is far away (about 3km far), you may get 2-5Mbps*

My uses:

~ since I lived where DITO tower is kinda far, I use openline modem + antenna to get good network reception.
^ on my experience, DITO SIM is working on my B315-936 modem, I got pretty decent 9-16dbi SINR reception which is awesome.
^ on my initial testing, I got a solid 30-40Mbps Download Speed and 1-2Mbps Upload Speed.

~ Since it was my first day of using DITO SIM, I still have more things to learn and things to explore. I hope this thread will help you to get information about DITO. And really sorry for my grammar, not really good at English but still trying to be. Anyway, that's all for today, hope it helps. Bye... ~

Pictures:

~ when near DITO tower, outside ~
Screenshot_2021-03-24-18-54-16-034_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest[1].jpg

~ on a modem router, 9-16dbi)
Screenshot_2021-03-24-19-54-48-551_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest[1].jpg

~DITO SIM be like, don't mind my dirty nail)
IMG_20210324_113806[1].jpg

Attachments

Sake mabgaal cEbu city. Phone ko j7 2016 hina sumagap ng signal tapos konti lang yung 4gbands neto kaya siguro mahina 5to10mbps lang pero sa kasama ko 30mbps medyo latest phone

Yan din talaga problema paps, baka sa area nyo iba iba ang bands kaya baka ibang tower yung naka connect sayo (di yung nasa malapit)