What's new

Tools Modded PLDT Home Wifi R051 V008 - Firmware (temporary unlocked)

mashuser

Honorary Poster
Reaction
WARNING: I am not liable in any way if your router becomes bricked. Flashing should be done with good connection to the router and stable power supply.

This is modded firmware from bjarnco32 's thread https://phcorner.net/threads/boost-even-r051-p05ipldt_ap_r051_v008-firmware.960807/

Basically I modded PLDT's files to show the MEP Password Setting, Software Upgrade, and enable SSH in the firmware itself and it should not need constant uploading of the pxa1826_cfg.tar.gz for it to appear.

Credits to Master Zander and Jhowel Gracio Puerto on YøùTùbé since the ideas came from their R01/R051 debranding and unlock tutorial videos.

Download:
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Code:
Procedure:

1. Login to your PLDT Home WiFi Router @  http://192.168.1.1

2. Go to Router -> Configuration Management

3. Click browse and select the pxa1826_cfg.tar.gz

4. Click Update and wait for your router to reboot

5. This will enable the SSH/Software Upgrade page in your router.

6. You have two options:

a.  SSH / MTD Write method

i. use pscp to transfer the firmware file to your router (use command prompt)

Change directory to where you downloaded and extracted the firmware: cd  c:\path\to\firmware\

Command: pscp -scp -P 22 firmware.bin root@192.168.1.1:/tmp/

ii. login with password: root

iii. use putty to connect to the router

Host: 192.168.1.1

login: root

password: root

iv. once root@cpe appears type:

cd /tmp

mtd -r write firmware.bin ALL

v. the router will restart

b. The Sysupgrade method (this will work at the "debranding step" of the yt tutorials, replace the AIS file with this one)

i. Login to your router web interface again

ii. go to Router -> Software Upgrade

iii. Click Browse and select the sysupgrade.bin

iv. Click Upgrade

v. The page will seem to hang and not continue

vi. Wait for forever for the router to finish the upgrade and restart

7. You may now put a non-smart/pldt/sun/tnt sim in the router

8. Login the Web interface, click the required text or Internet > MEP Setting

9. Enter 123456  as PN PASSWORD. then click Unlock.

10. The router will now connect to the other network

11. no need to upload the pxa1826_cfg.tar.gz to enter MEP PN password every time, just enter 123456 on the mep settings screen again when router is rebooted.

Bugs:
- it seems that after some time, the router will turn RED led again, you just need to enter 123456 on the MEP setting page again and again.

Credits:
V008 Firmware: phcorner-user - bjarnco32
Globe R01/PLDT R051 Debrand/Unlock Files - Jerome Laliag & Jhowel Gracio Huerto / Master Zander

Recovery:
1. Use a USB-to-TTL Serial adapter (preferably FTDI based) to see the serial console
i. if the u-boot boot loader is still intact you may use TFTPD32 and TFTP flash the stock firmware, refer to sir bjarnco32 's thread for his original PLDT firmware dump.
  • Baudrate: 57600
  • Serial pins (From square shaped to 3 circles: square: 3V, hole right next to square: RX, then TX, then farthest from the square: GND) DONT CONNECT THE 3V/SQUARE hole EVER - YOU MIGHT FRY THE SoC!!
  • Press 2 while the router is booting up to load firmware from TFTP server.
  • Router's IP address in u-boot: 10.10.10.23, TFTP server IP: 10.0.0.3
or

2. Use an SPI Flash Programmer to flash the 16MB flash chip on the router with a whole firmware dump (You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.)
(you can use a cheap ESP8266 ESP-01 as SPI Flasher along with a USB-to-TTL converter to flash SPI chips if you're willing to do some desoldering and soldering. Else use a CH341A Programming kit)

Last edited:
Wow. I'm glad that some of what I shared are being put to good use. 😁

Regarding that bug, I encountered somewhat the same behavior when I tried deleting the MEP data and changing IMEI from the modem itself, they don't get deleted nor changed.

The commands, thanks to Jhowell et. al., are the same from Evoluzn FX-ID3, they both use Marvell modems. It seems to me that the running daemon, /usr/bin/cm, responsible for the runtime management of the modem is doing some checks. This may also be the reason for the behavior you observed. This needs further investigation. 🤔

thanks for this, I'll try to observe and see if that is indeed the case, and might either prevent the binary or remove it from services/startup.

lol killed it, internet still runs :3 but yeah gotta find something to either remove the MEP Data or flash the baseband via the usb port.

[XX='mashuser, c: 409433, m: 682955'][/XX] It respawns after being killed. 😊 Yep, it's not as straightforward as in the case of ID3.

1603981778900.png

pwede na ba ito?

Attachments

Back