What's new

Stories Misleading Hunger

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Untitled96_20220108224029.png

Misleading Hunger
MGL Emvie

Yin became a rabid dog when his drivel poured from his mouth as he laid eyes at the brown loaf of bread in the basket of an old lady. His eyes grew dim, his arms limping, and his throat parched. His stomach was thundering rapidly as if a storm was ravaging inside his guts. Yin's chest was smoldering and his mouth became as dry as the desert in Agelta Drylands. After getting lost in the mountains, Yin had not eaten even a single berry for several days. His masters in Cadia Riverlands revered him as the heavenly gifted martial artist but it seemed his genius didn't extend in the arts of survival. So the loaf on the elder's basket was alluring Yin as if it's a gem that shines brighter than gold. His foot was wobbling as the faint hint of burnt bread squeezed in the roots of his nostrils.

The old lady bowed to the earth while her cane knocks repeatedly on the earth. Her hands tremble with the weight of the basket, and her steps took more than two minutes to make an inch. You may wonder if her grip on her cane was strong enough to withstand even the slightest forest breeze.

A single blow from Yin's fist could send the elder flying. He imagined himself filling his mouth with her loaf of bread. His hunger turned himself into a beast. If the skies could speak, it could've sworn it saw the image of lion and a tiger in Yin's eyes.

Yin's consciousness wondered if this was the intent to kill, which the masters wished for him to learn and understand. The cruel world would not show mercy to the weak. One must possess a certain degree of strength and intellect to survive, and to always claim true victory, one must have the intent to kill enemies and foes. Of all the fighters of Cadia Riverlands, Yin commanded a fist that could crush boulders and shake tectonic plates. But in these displays of physical talents, a flaw was carved deep in his heart. His mind couldn't comprehend the intent to kill. Perhaps, he hoped to turn the treasure inside his chest into a lionheart so he selected the mountains to seek that desire.

The pain in his guts and his crave towards the elder's bread made Yin's heart throb. His adventure on this mountain never overworked the pores on his skin. Only in this time that sweat dripped from his chin as his cheeks and ears glow like embers. Was this excitement, fear, or a jolt of adrenaline rush? Even Yin couldn't understand.

In the heat of time, it took only a split second for smoke to burst from the heels of his feet. His legs bent a bit, and then he sprang towards the elder.

The elder sloped forward along her path.

Yin, in mid air, pulled his arms as far as he could towards the elder. His fingers were loosing strength and his legs were loosing acceleration. But his feet reached the ground beside the elder faster than a blink of an eye. The ground shook for a second. The crows and birds dispersed from their nests. The succeeding dust covered Yin and the elder, and the clouds made it darker when the sun seemed to hide in fright.

The silhouette of Yin and the elder remained frozen for three seconds.

The dust began to settle down and the sound of a rhythmic drip rebounded on Yin's ears.

"Y...young man..." the elder said in a tender tone.

"Are you alright, old lady? I thought I wouldn't be able to reach you in time." Yin replied in similar tenderness.

"Thank you, young man! You caught me! I thought I would break more bones today."

Yin smiled and said, "Come on. Don't say that. You look younger and even more powerful than a bull. Can you stand?"

When the elderly lady took her stand, Yin pulled his arms. But he soon felt the cold liquid that damped a part of his elbow.

"Apologies, my lady. Seems... I torn your water pouch."

"N-no. No... Don't apologize." the elder replied.

At that moment, the sun was about to ****** them with warm rays, when Yin's stomach thundered so loud the eggs of the birds must have *****ed in surprise. The demons in the ***** of Abyss should be ashamed at Yin's appetite. Both preys and predators must have heard Yin's hunger for several miles. A stampede might follow in the nearest future for the beasts might flee in terror. Even the sun gets frightened that it hid behind the clouds once again. All the beasts knew that a ferocious monster that stood at the top of the food chain had just became hungry.

The edges of Yin's eyes crinkled while he clenched his belly. Nevertheless, a sigh from his chipped lips seemed to blow those pain away. When he raised his forehead, the shriveled hands of the old lady stretched towards him.

"Have a bread. You looked famished. I have more food at home. Come with me."

Yin grabbed the bread as quick as how mantises snapped their preys. He devoured and swallowed the loaf of bread like a boa. You could see the bread climbing down in his neck.

The elder lady gave what was left on the water pouch and Yin drank it greedily.

"Are you alright?" the old woman asked.

With Yin's gentle nod, the two of them painted a warm smile on their faces.

"Come Grandma, I'll carry you at my back." Yin said.

Yin carried the old woman to an isolated home, where Yin continued his journey. The old lady packed him a bag of flatbread and bid him good luck.

On his way, Yin caught himself in a trap and met a young girl, named Wanwan. And yes, the meeting of this young girl and young boy sparked a new friendship. But that's a story of another adventure.

Author's Note: "Thanks for reading! Let me write much more interesting and beautiful stories. Tell me your opinions, constructive criticism, and thoughts about this story. Comment which parts are funny, boring, and interesting. Finally, give me idea if this story became relatable in your life experience. Enjoy!

To my PHC readers, I love that you react in the story that I thought so hard to write. But please, I wish for you to comment your thoughts other than "thanks." Your comment, positive or negative, will be welcomed and it will inspire me to write more and improve even better. Long live the readers! Let's train our minds and imagination!

Attachments