What's new

Michael V. reaches out to axed Bubble Gang cast members

arsenal1205

Intel® Xeon® Gold
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction
As the only pioneer cast member left in You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. surely has seen his co-stars come and go in the show.

And it is happening again as Bubble Gang undergoes a revamp beginning May 27, 2022.

Departures from the show have begun, and so has the introduction of new talents.

Some of the actors who have ceased as regular cast members of Bubble Gang are Mikoy Morales, Denise Barbacena, Liezel Lopez, Arra San Agustin, Lovely Abella, Ashley Rivera, Diego Llorico, Myka Flores, and pioneer cast member Antonio Aquitania.

On May 13, 2022, GMA-7 held a Zoom press conference for the remaining and new cast members of Bubble Gang.

Michael V., who attended the press conference, revealed that he spoke to the stars who were axed from the show.

He said, "Ako, I felt the need to explain to them somehow, give them an insight kung bakit siguro nagkaroon ng ganoong dahilan.

"Unang-una para hindi talaga sumama yung loob nila, and, at the same time, para ma-inspire sila na hindi naman ito yung pagtatapos talaga.

"Kasi this could probably be the beginning for some of them na simulan uli yung journey pabalik sa show.

"Kasi lagi namang bukas yung Bubble Gang for talents na kakailanganin namin and since naging part na rin sila, I’m pretty sure they’ll find their way back."

Bubble Gang is considered the longest-running gag show in the Philippines.

It debuted on October 20, 1995 and still remains airing on GMA-7’s Friday night timeslot.

Among the retained cast members are Chariz Solomon, Betong Sumaya, Sef Cadayona, Valeen Montenegro, Archie Alemania, Analyn Barro, Faye Lorenzo, Kokoy de Santos, and Paolo Contis.

The new additions to the show are Tuesday Vargas, Faith Da Silva, Dasuri Choi, and Kim de Leon.

Bubble Gang is now directed by former Kapamilya director You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..

BUBBLE GANG REVAMP​

Aside from being a pioneer cast member, Michael V. is also part of the show’s creative team.

How did he react when he found out about the planned revamp?

He said, "It’s inevitable naman ano kasi lahat naman, dinamdam yung pandemic and it’s a celebration as well.

"Hindi naman natin sinasabing tapos na ang pandemic, pero we have more freedom right now na gawin yung mga dating nagagawa, although all be it, mas cautious na kami now.

"And I think, yung pagpapalit ng cast, paglalagay ng mga bagong segments, ito yung much-needed improvement sa show."

Michael V. also explained that Bubble Gang has to evolve and become more visible on other platforms.

"Hindi kasi puwedeng maging stagnant yung Bubble Gang, it has to grow and it has to expand and I think this is the best way na gawin yun.

"Yung platform, kailangan nating intindihin, e. Hindi puwedeng TV show na lang tayo, e.

"Ang dami nang platforms sa social media so I think, since trying to stay relevant yung show, siguro pati yung platform na pinaglalabasan niya, dapat maging relevant din.

"Hindi lang TV yung ini-inculcate natin ngayon kung hindi social media rin and at the same time, pabalik din, yung mga nasa social media, pwede natin ilagay sa TV show so maganda yung working relationship ng TV show at ng audience."

lahat artist nasa YT na, yung comedy channel ko 5 views per month nalang dahil inagaw na mga artista yung views ko. madami pa ako mga joke na nakakatawa doon.

Wala na dami na nga kakumpetensya ng Bubble Gang. Di katulad dati kung nagbibinata ka aabangan mo sina Rufa Mae, Dayana Zubiri, Francine Prieto. Ngayon anytime punta ka lang TikTok o search ka lang ng reels sa social media magsasawa ka na sa cocomelon.