What's new

Manila LGU warns vs. fake class suspension announcement (GMANews)

The local government of Manila warned its residents against a fake class suspension announcement on Thursday.

The city government issued the warning after a certain account, which is trending online, shared and grabbed a photo from an earlier class suspension announcement.

“As of this posting, no announcement has been made by the City Government of Manila regarding suspension of classes and work for today, January 5, 2023,” the city government said in an advisory.

“The City of Manila would like to remind the public that all official announcements shall be made through the Manila Public Information Office Facebook Page and through Mayor Dra. Honey Lacuna Facebook page,” it added.

Several areas have announced class suspensions due to the inclement weather.

The cities of Marikina, Malabon, Caloocan, Pasig and Quezon City in Metro Manila have suspended their classes as of this posting.

At 3 a.m. on Thursday, the Low Pressure Area (LPA) was estimated at 185 kilometers west of Catbalogan City, Samar or 50 km east of Roxas City, Capiz as the northeast monsoon continue to affect parts of Luzon, the weather bureau PAGASA reported. — Richa Noriega/RSJ, GMA Integrated News

Source: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

scamming follow me left and right
i can see it over here, I can see it everywhere
It takes up every corner of my mind (what it's gonna do now?)

useless law moving scammers from platform to platform

Back