Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmrie_

in memoriam 1995-2021
Solutions
Reaction
Man Wears High Heels To Work Because It Makes Him Feel ‘Invincible’
anM9jyE_460s.jpg

An Aussie businessman has brought an air of sass to the corporate atmosphere he works in. Ashley Maxwell-Lam, 30, wears a smart classic suit and tie, but it’s his stiletto heels which make him stand out.

Already towering above most people at six foot, Ashley adds another six inches in heel. No wonder it makes him feel powerful, ‘confident and strong’.

aV3YMD2_460s.jpg
Ashley was talking to a female colleague who was already very tall and wore heels as well, and was inspired after she said the heels empowered her. "Who decided at what point in our human evolution that high heels equal woman and flats equal men?" He said.

a47QG7d_460swp.webp
Play
3:29

He continues:

So I went to a shoe store, tried them on and it was as if a lightbulb just switched on.

I felt confident, I felt invincible, I felt empowered, like I could take on anything and do whatever I wanted. I knew I was going to wear them to work, so I wasn't really asking permission, I was telling her 'this is what I'm doing', but it was a little bit scary.

A lot of people have a work identity and then a home identity, but I don't feel the need to be different in the office.

abMYzMr_460s.jpg
He now owns nine pairs of heels, four for work and five for pleasure, and wears them to work three times a week As for the pain, he just said 'Of course they hurt, but don't they look good?'

Noong unang panahon my ganto talaga na sinusuot mga lalake

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.