What's new

Stories Let's Drink All Night this New Year

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Let's Drink All Night this New Year
by MGL Emvie

The Lighborn Squad welcomed the new year with a gathering and Tigreal came with four gallons of native coconut wine. Harith rushed to help carry it but he would soon regret it as the bitter scent of the coconut wine would stick on his nostrils the entire night. The red stain it left on his palm would remind him that bitter scent. He asked himself, "Are they really going to drink this?"

Tigreal chuckled. "This isn't for the lighthearted."

Alucard gazed at the wine's sparkles. His brows crumpled as he gulped his saliva. "Four gallons? If we drink all that, then it's like we drank a gallon each."

But Granger smirked at Alucard as he laid the roasted chicken and barbequed bangus. "Kids and cowards shouldn't drink this wine. Alu, you aren't a kid, are you?

Alucard couldn't let Granger's remark play down his ability. He crossed his arms and expressed his tough poise. "I mean, 'Why?' only one gallon? Is it enough to satisfy my thirst." he said but contrary to his feeling, he swallowed his saliva and scrubbed his tongue on his teeth. He had never drank exotic wine before. As the respected sword of the Lightborn, if he barf in front of his squadmates, he might loose a part of his dignity. He couldn't let that happen.

"Excellent!" Fanny called. She knocked a glass on the table and asked Tigreal to pour her wine.

"Let's get this party started!" she said.

Later, when it's Alucard's turn, he deeply inhaled to conceal his nerves. He gulped the wine as if he swallowed a fist-sized medicine, and then he thought the taste was terrible. His tongue recalled the clogged waters on his boots at survival training but with a scent similar to a rotten piss of diabetic elephants. He looked at Fanny and wondered how could her stomach tolerate this atrocious wine? A mere whiff of the wine brought his throat into a frenzy. His throat wanted to pull his guts out from his stomach and explode. But he looked down, massaged his chest to find relief, but despair returned when he saw three more gallons remained untouched under the table. He decided to indulge himself with the roasted chicken and soft white rice, thinking it would calm his throat.

"Where's the glass now! Whose taking so long?" Fanny screamed.

But to Alucard surprise, the glass was in his front. "Me again?" he said in a rather aggressive tone.

"For a while, I thought of taking a shovel. The glass could've rooted itself on the table." Fanny jested.

Alucard rather not drink this piss again but he has no choice. When the three returned chatting on their demon hunts, he gulped the wine, but twice this time. It becomes harder for him to swallow as the time drags on.

Granger, upon realizing the chicken drumsticks were missing, cried, "Where's the legs!"

"Alucard took it a while ago." spilled Fanny, which earned her Alucard's glare.

Granger stared at the chicken thief and said, "It's useless. You'll barf 'em still."

Tigreal then handed Granger a glass and said, "Stop talkin' it's yours."

Granger swiftly caught the glass and claimed, "Real men drink this wine without the glass's bottom hitting the table." He chugged the wine on his throat before he knocked the empty glass.

Alucard silently grinded his teeth. It took him ten minutes to build his courage and swig the wine since the acrid aftertaste choked his windpipe. Good that they see him as a silent person or his silence would make them suspect that something's wrong. He's about to **** and that would be a sight to behold. His squadmates would laugh and definitely remember it until the end of time.

Alucard tried to buy time with numerous excuses. The usual 'let me take a piss' worked but the more he walks the more his head spins. He supressed the impending eruption of his guts with all his might but again-- it's his turn! He secretly glared at Granger and Fanny as he suspected the two skipping their own turns. Alucard couldn't think straight but he believed he thought of an intelligent excuse to escape this torture.

"Oh I forgot. My girlfriend was waiting. We are to meet before the new year's eve." he said.

How could the lone wolf get a girlfriend? It surprised the Lightborn squad but they couldn't argue so they freed Alucard.

Alucard swiftly stood and said, "But before I leave, remember that I will drink this amazing wine!" He grabbed the glass and chugged the wine for the last time.

He thought he hid what he really feel well.

Alucard aimed for an isolated inn to sleep for the night but on his way, the magma under his throat erupted at last. He hurled bits of chicken meat from his mouth but he **** the coconut wine the most. After an hour of agonizing battle of tug of war with his stomach, he found relief. He reached the inn and ask for a warm water to gargle before turning himself to the bed.

Morning came and Alucard's first thought was to return to the palace but the members of the Lightborn squad came to get him. They stood before his bed like they awaited him to wake.

"Girlfriend, huh?" Granger said, smirking.

"Harith followed you last night. He was curious who it was." Fanny said.

"I was disappointed." Harith retorted.

Granger nodded at Harith's thought. "I heard that the poor stray dogs on the road were greatly satisfied."

"Well. They had those chicken drumsticks for their dinner. And the neighborhood's chickens too." Fanny said.

Alucard pressed his temples as his eyes turned sour. Knowing Harith, he must have known what happened. He sighed and thought that this was the worst new year. He promised to never drink that wine again.

Nevertheless, Tigreal dragged Alucard's sword and said. "Hurry. We have a mission."

Author's Note: "Thank you for reading this short story. I am trying to be a man of literature but I am not professional. I wish to provide stories more beautiful and more entertaining. So please, I need your help. Comment your constructive criticisms, thoughts, and opinions about this story. Finally, thank you and have a wonderful day!"

Thank you for reading, the censored word is /vooh-meet/ -- it means barf or a discharge of food materials from the stomach through the mouth.

Thank you for reading!
The censored word is /vooh-meet/=, meaning a barf or a discharge of food particles from the stomach through the mouth.

Last edited: