What's new

JESUS CHRIST IS THY ONLY WAY

This statements and questions are still in the lens of your own worldview. If my belief is true as described on the post, it just means that the test to enlightenment is really done while you're alive. "Believing" does not take you there but rather following the path Jesus took, the Bhudda took and other great people in history.

To me that is what being His follower mean, unlike the apostles who transformed him to a pagan God (which is really to apeal to the greco-roman preexisting beliefs) and build a religion resembling the old pharisees. Though i understand yan dahilan kung bakit lumaganap ang christianity, so i am grareful they did it.

At the same time, i am not claiming you will surely fail. Being a christian devotee, if naisabuhay mo nmn teachings nya, you will inadvertently get there too, despite not grasping the concept. Just saying it is not a guarantee just because you are a devotee.

Now i am not telling you this to convince you but just to answer the your question. I do not fear afterlife. If death comes, i welcome it as i am prepared. Therefore "being saved" is not a concept. There is no more saving when you get there as a fool, you just die and be forgotten. Meanwhile, dying in the enlightened state is dying with no regrets. That is the counterpart of being judged and going to heaven. And if you lived such a great life, people (or just even one person) will remember you, Immortalize your "soul" so to speak.

So the questions are really invalid, but i hope it somehow answer it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What i meant is, yung teachings ni Jesus ay may sense para sakanila dahil mga Jews sila the same as Jesus. Most of his teachings makes sense to them dahil may common preexisting belief na sila. But I agree after that hindi lahat ng Jewish tinanggap yung Christianity.

Actually I agree with this. That is if what you meant by "understanding and evidence" is what a typical atheist use to form their arguments.

But if what you meant by understanding pertains to logic and reason, i might disagree. Even the bible describes of a certain understanding that can be achieved by man.

Meanwhile bhuddist teaching might be referring to the same thing with this quote.

Which might be the same as this, just in a different cultural context:
It's true, anyone can really understand the Bible. But how can they understand it if what it teaches is about God, and following Him? How can they understand if they don't believe in what it is about?

According on Proverbs 2 that you quoted.
Proverbs 2 Authorized (King James) Version

1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words,
and hide my commandments with thee;
2 so that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom,
and apply thine heart to understanding;

yea, if thou criest after knowledge,
and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4 if thou seekest her as silver,
and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5 then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord,
and find the knowledge of God.

Can they have wisdom if they themselves do not know what it means to fear God?

Proverbs 9:10 Authorized (King James) Version
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Do you think they can really understand this, if they don't believe that the giver of understanding is God himself?

Verse 6

For the Lord giveth wisdom:
out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

So you need to receive the revelation (his words) from God, because those words that came out of his mouth are Knowledge and understanding.

This is what I mean that Christians do not just rely on understanding but on the revelation of God.

Matthew 13:11 Authorized (King James) Version
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Ephesians 3:1-13 Authorized (King James) Version

how that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Using verse? Ano ba sa palagay mo? Noong panahon ni Noe lahat ng taong nabubuhay ay puro matatanda na? Napakaimposible naman yata na walang kahit isang bata o sanggol nung panahon na iyon. Kaya sure ako na may nadamay na mga inosente nung mangyari ang pagbaha.
Nag qoute ka ng isang Biblical sotries, so you must support it with scriptures, Tehn par apatunayan na meron mga inosente don :D

But how can they understand it if what it teaches is about God, and following Him? How can they understand if they don't believe in what it is about?
Believing in what the bible is about is not the same as believing in the existence of God.
Can they have wisdom if they themselves do not know what it means to fear God?
No. But to understand what it means to fear god does not mean to fear God.
Do you think they can really understand this, if they don't believe that the giver of understanding is God himself?
Yes. As long as they can be humble, and believe that there is a higher understanding than whatbthey currently hold. It can be from ancestors wisdom or mistakes, or it can be a future self who would either suffer or enjoy the consequences of your decisions in the present. The belief of a supernatural being is not required. Just enough humbleness and information.

Let me reverse the question. When you believe that there is a God, the source of a mysterious wisdom, how are you sure that you really are in a state of wisdom?

Surely a muslim terrorist believed that his actions are justified because he is doing it for God. Surely the puritans who led the genocide of girls in the witchhunt of Salem believed they were doing the right thing.
Both of them believed that, despite this acts being wrong with their humanity and reality, God wisdom is just that bizarre sometimes.

Will you do something similar if the "wisdom of God" points you to that direction? If not, what makes your faith different from the 2 examples?

Back