What's new

Is Your Marriage in Trouble? "Learn the Christian Way"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanch1018

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Marital relationship is not always a bed of roses; it is not always a smooth sail. There are times when the going gets tough and shaky, and there are problems and conflicts that arise that test the couple’s endurance and love for each other.

Good if the couple decides to sit down and talk about their issues and concerns with prudence. What if the couples would really clash and hurl hurting words against each other? What if they go beyond the “word war” and resort to the physical and emotional battle? Surely, the next thing we’ll see is that one of them would be packing his things and moving out of the house.

But will stepping out of their dwelling place resolve the problem? In the first place, will that gesture be in conformity with biblical admonition for husbands and wives?

Biblically, it is improper for a Christian couple, both husband and wife, to leave their abode. Instead, they must dwell together; they must live together.

I PETER 3:7 says,

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

That is the Christian way of life. A Christian husband is commanded by God to live with his wife, bearing in mind that she is the weaker vessel that needs protection which only he, her husband, could give. A Christian husband is the protector of his wife.

EPHESIANS 5:23-25 says,

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it:

The Bible is telling us of a great relationship between Christ and the Church. A husband must love his wife the way Christ loved the Church. He must not leave his wife inasmuch as Christ did not leave the Church either. In fact, when He was about to ascend to heaven, He told the Church, I will not leave you. I will be with you up to the end of the world.

MATTHEW 28:20 says,

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Very clearly, as far as the Bible is concerned, it is untoward for the husband to leave his wife primarily because he is duty-bound to protect her.

There are instances in the Bible wherein the wife leaves her husband but never the husband leaving his wife. And if his wife leaves him, then he becomes free. He is now at liberty.

I CORINTHIANS 7:15 says,

But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

According to the Bible, if the unbelieving spouse decides to leave, let her go. Especially if the husband had already exhausted all means to make his wife stay, and still he failed to convince her, he may let her depart. And when she leaves, the husband is no longer under bondage.

This is one particular situation wherein the husband, or the wife, is not being held very tightly by God’s law. When the wife leaves, then the husband becomes free; when the husband leaves, the wife likewise becomes free. But God’s will is for husband and wife to dwell together until death.

Status
Not open for further replies.