What's new

Help Instagram App - Notifications from contacts daw

NAHKZ101

Enthusiast
Reaction
Hello and pasensya na po if maling section to for this topic.

Just curious kung anong "contacts" specifically kumukuha ang instagram app for profile suggestions. Pic attached below is a notification I got from the Instagram App from my "contacts" daw. Checked my FB, Twitter, Linkedin, email accounts(personal and work emails), txt, calls, search history, DMs, PMs and I could not find this name/person. Kahat pangalan nya unfamiliar to me. Checked an FB account later today with the same name and profile pic and looked at pictures and still not familiar with them.

And this specific notif is only visible sa Instagram App ko on my android phone and not from any browsers sa PCs and laptop ko. All other notifs are visible from all my devices except this certain notif.

Is this a typical app issue? Could it be that the app is trying to connect profiles who are new to Insta with those who are already in the platform for some time na? Sorry if the 2nd question is borderline conspiracy theory. Just curious what is happening and I have no technical background sa ganitong bagay.

TY in advance for any responses.

insta.jpg

Attachments

Baka meron kang contact na recycled ang mobile # or ginamit # nila to create that different account.

I've encountered this multiple times lalo na nung times na bumibili ako ng easy to remember sims or novelty sims, dami sa kanila naka-link pa sa mga accounts.

Common kasi sa mga social apps na i-check ang phone contacts mo for mobile numbers na naka-reg na sa kanila, pati inter-connected ang mga apps ng Meta, kaya baka dun nakuha sa ibang accounts mo. Baka connected sa yo yan through friends of friends of friends or baka sa groups.

Baka meron kang contact na recycled ang mobile # or ginamit # nila to create that different account.

I've encountered this multiple times lalo na nung times na bumibili ako ng easy to remember sims or novelty sims, dami sa kanila naka-link pa sa mga accounts.
Thanks, hindi ko naisip to. Forgot to mention my login to Insta is my FB acct din. Could actually be an old contact # by an FB friend and now got recycled and being used by another user on FB/Insta. What I find interesting though is that the FB/Insta system recognizes the # as my previous contact/FB connection and then suggest it to me now when it is used under a completely separate account. Oh well, I can't blame the system though. Maybe too much work showing contact-to-account link history and serves little purpose from a 3rd person's perspective.

Common kasi sa mga social apps na i-check ang phone contacts mo for mobile numbers na naka-reg na sa kanila, pati inter-connected ang mga apps ng Meta, kaya baka dun nakuha sa ibang accounts mo. Baka connected sa yo yan through friends of friends of friends or baka sa groups.
Baka nga din. Most likely a recycled mobile # though as what papito said above. Either way, appreciate the reply.

Thanks, hindi ko naisip to. Forgot to mention my login to Insta is my FB acct din. Could actually be an old contact # by an FB friend and now got recycled and being used by another user on FB/Insta. What I find interesting though is that the FB/Insta system recognizes the # as my previous contact/FB connection and then suggest it to me now when it is used under a completely separate account. Oh well, I can't blame the system though. Maybe too much work showing contact-to-account link history and serves little purpose from a 3rd person's perspective.

Baka nga din. Most likely a recycled mobile # though as what papito said above. Either way, appreciate the reply.
as much as possible avoid contact sync sa kahit anong apps kahit sa FB pa yan. remove mo na lang mga contacts na na-sync both accounts.

Back