What's new

Ignorance of the Law Excuses Someone

Vanch1018

Eternal Poster
Reaction
God is the prime executor of justice on earth (Jeremiah 9:24).

“…But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.”

In God’s justice, the worst crime done ignorantly, especially of unbelievers, is pardonable (1 Tim 1:13).

“Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.”

Unpardonable crimes are those willfully committed after having fully received the knowledge of truth (Hebrews 10:26).

“For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins…”

Genuine repentance is the only thing needed for absolution (Proverbs 28:13).

“He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”

Confession must be done, firstly, to God, then to the offended party (Psalms 32:5; James 5:16).

“I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.”

“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”

To merit God’s pardon, we have to learn how to forgive our offenders (Matthew 6:14-15).

“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

Therefore, ignorance is pardonable.

In the truest sense of God’s justice, no biblically inclined mind and thinking will conform to the internationally accepted fallacy of human principle on laws Ignorantia legis neminem excusat.

The principle states, “Ignorance of the law excuses no one from compliance therewith”.

The primary logical question is: How can you comply with a law you do not know?

The lawyer Apostle Paul said, where there is no law, sin cannot be imputed (Romans 4:15).

“Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.”

“Because the law brings punishment from God. Where no law exists, there can be no sin”

God’s law is just and is the formidable bastion of justice (Romans 7:12).

“Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.”

Is it justice being served if somebody is being prosecuted for an offense based on a law not known to him?

There is a provision in the fiber of the Philippine jurisprudence, and in most civilized countries of the world, known as the “Blackstone’s formulation”.

“In criminal law, Blackstone’s formulation (also known as Blackstone’s ratio or the Blackstone ratio) is the principle: “better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer”, expressed by the English jurist William Blackstone in his Commentaries on the Laws of England, published in the 1760s.”

If, because of an innocent person, it is better to set free ten criminals, will it be prudent and just to prosecute a real innocent person because of his non-compliance with a law he is ignorant of?

In my opinion, it sounds stupid!

I am not a lawyer by profession. I am nothing; but my knowledge about God’s law and justice obliges me to say that these two principles in international law utterly contradict each other. I am reminded of a verse in the book of Job that says:

“The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where, and who is he?”

It is noticeably ridiculous that the symbol of justice in almost all courts or law is a blindfolded woman with a balance on her hand.

In the Holy Book, it is influence and money that covers the eyes of an unjust judge (Exodus 23:8).

“And you shall take no bribe, for a bribe blinds the officials, and subverts the cause of those who are in the right.”

“Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man…”
(Luke 18:2)

I hope all judges will be just.

Pardon my ignorance of your laws!

Sincerely in Christ,

Mr.Controversy