What's new

Huawei B315 max speed

skand888

Addict
Reaction
What is the highest speed you achieved with Huawei B315s-936? I just received Smart Rocket SIM and am trying it with B315 with an external 2x antenna and direct visibility to a cell tower 7.8 km from me.

The maximum I got is 75 Mbps at night.

spd.png

The B315 advertised maximum is 150 Mbps, which is also the theoretical max speed for LTE Cat4. But it's only achievable with 2 DL layers, i.e. when 2x2 MIMO is used. B315 does not seem to support MIMO. It has two antennas, but spec and GUI say it is only a diversity antenna, i.e. the modem selects one of two with the stronger signal.

If I am right, it would mean that Huawei advertised the speed much over the actual limit the modem can theoretically achieve. Has anyone seen higher speeds with B315?

Attachments

Yeah, one of the members here posted on Facebook getting 100+mbps with this. Using a Smart SIM as well.

Real-world speeds are most definitely less than 150mbps because you're not the only one using the Cell Tower at your area.

Yeah, one of the members here posted on Facebook getting 100+mbps with this. Using a Smart SIM as well.

Real-world speeds are most definitely less than 150mbps because you're not the only one using the Cell Tower at your area.
Thanks! Does it mean that B315 actually supports MIMO?

I suspect that I was nearly the one using the narrowband on this tower at 3 AM - not many people live here. Also B315's LAN connection si 100 Mbps only, and to get higher speeds you'd need to use 802.11n WiFi which is full of its own problem and may be the actual limiting factor.

Thanks! Does it mean that B315 actually supports MIMO?

I suspect that I was nearly the one using the narrowband on this tower at 3 AM - not many people live here. Also B315's LAN connection si 100 Mbps only, and to get higher speeds you'd need to use 802.11n WiFi which is full of its own problem and may be the actual limiting factor.
I've just seen your post now, sorry. Not sure if you're online anymore but I'll answer your questions anyway.

The Modem does support MIMO, 2x2. And no, the Modem has a Gigabit Switch, it supports 1000mbits Full Duplex.

If you can't get it to negotiate at 1gbit, make sure that the device you're using does support 1gbit LAN. If it does then there might be an issue with your LAN cable, try using a different one, or try plugging it in to the other LAN ports on the Modem. If it still can't negotiate at 1gbit then there might be something wrong with your unit.

If you can't get it to negotiate at 1gbit, make sure that the device you're using does support 1gbit LAN.
Bought a new (used) one since my old one broke, cleaning the ethernet pins of the modem made it 1Gbps, from 100Mbps ethernet speed (it was rusty and rusty).

Max speed I got for my old 936 was 100Mbps internet speed at midnight without any external antenna. It depends on the cell site you're connected to since the cell site that provided that speed was shutdown or replaced and now regardless of antenna use in my area it's barely half the usual speed..

Last edited: