What's new

Closed How to setup ADSL Gan9.et263-4 as repeater/bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnvr8e

Enthusiast
I have an ADSL Gan9.et263-4 that I'm no longer using as I've switched from PLDT to GLOBE and would like to confgiure it as a repeater to extend my wifi signal.

I have already setup another old wifi router as a bridge to receive wifi and give internet to an old PC via lan cable so I have an idea of what to do however I was not able to find the same procedure and features on the 263-4. I was able to log into the 263-4 using adminpldt, saw that there was a repeater feature but unlike the other router that I've setup, the 263-4 did not look for existing wifi networks to connect to and rebroadcast. After enabling the repeater, changing the frequency to match the Globe router (freq 1), and changing the ip address of the 263-4, I plugged it far and to where my phone only had 2 out of 4 bars for wifi. After waiting 5mins, the wifi strength on my phone did not improve so it would be safe to say that the 263-4 is not extending the wifi coverage in my house.

Has anyone used an ADSL Gan9.et263-4 to extend wifi coverage? Steps naman please on how to do this or please tell me if this model cannot work as a repeater/bridge.

If the ADSL Gan9.et263-4 will work as a bridge then I'll use it as a bridge and reconfigure the other old router because that works as a repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.