What's new

How to make you own FTP Server using XAMPP

jcdgreatest

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Release - November 5, 2021 - this is a free release/services and it is open to all interested
Update - November 7, 2021 - new tutorial links
As a background XAMPP is a very versatile application you can do web-hosting (Apache), Database (mysql), File server (via Http and FTP) and others
1. I will share to you my uploaded link here You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. , you may also link to the official server You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. - install this on drive C root directory
2. Upon downloading the file extract this
1636095249305.png

3. Paste the extracted folder and Save this XAMPP folder to Drive C root directory
1636095807612.png

Running XAMPP - open XAMPP Folder and Open file "xampp-control.exe"
1636096913158.png

1.The first time you run XAMPP you will be shown with the below window
1636095121793.png

2. Check the first 3 boxes below named Svc
1636096168520.png

3. Click Start on the three Checked Svc Apache for Http, Mysql for database and FileZilla for FTP
1636096499134.png

if you have hard time Starting/activating Apache - disable W3SVC below; this will free up the port needed by Apache
1636096689885.png

4. When you completely run the 3 services you can verify the ports by clicking Port-Check of the XAMPP Console
1636096752033.png

if there are no conflicts with the port you are ready to go with your FTP-Server

Preparing the FTP Server - FileZilla

1. Click the Admin console of XAMPP Referring to FileZilla and this will open a window FileZilla
1636097751095.png

2. Setting up your Certificate, click the Edit Tab below - this will show you the configuration leave the other as is, in here you just need to make your certificate. below are just samples you can customize this base on your preference.
1636098388581.png

3. Click Browse and save to your preferred folder and then Click Generate Certificate
1636098763915.png

4. After completing the Certificate generation below,
-input here your access password to your FTP Server - KEY PASSWORD below
-you can now Click OK to save
1636099137514.png

5. Creating User - Click Edit and Select User; you may input your preferred name
1636099481505.png

6. Check the box Password and input your preferred password. after inputting your password you can now OK to safe your user configuration.
1636099762849.png

7. Creating the shared folder; click the shared folder and the account that will access this folder
  • Create a folder inside XAMPP C:/XAMPP/htdocs/yoursharedfolder
  • click okay and this will be saved
1636100645874.png

8. FTP to pass through firewall. open Firewall Advance Settings, and allow the 3 FTP inbound rules below
1636100203191.png

Once you had allowed the above 3 FTP rules you can now test your connectivity with your FTP

9. Now you can try your connectivity to your newly created FTP Server
  • Using your WinSCP
  • the default server IP address is the ip of your pc, which in mine is 192.168.1.49
-on the encryption use TSL/SSL Explicit encryption
- input your created user, my username used below is xftp, then input your password
1636102130149.png

10. After inputting your login details and pressing login. your WinSCP will communicate to your FileZilla FTP Server shown below.
1636102630139.png

now you have your own local FTP Server...

You may also access your file through http by inputting your server ip address on your favorite web browser and the name_of_shared_folder.
192.168.1. 49/update.pldt.net - this is my configuration
Next tut is https://phcorner.net/threads/how-to...-2973-and-downgrade-back-to-ver-2159.1211762/

Attachments

Last edited:
TS yun xampp bagamat may FTP server eh it seems overkill kung yun lang ang kailangan. Xampp is a bloated solution, relatively speaking. Meron naman open source FTP server like filezilla na hindi na kelangan ng ganyang setup unlike sa xampp. Straightforward pa.

Just saying. 😊

TS yun xampp bagamat may FTP server eh it seems overkill kung yun lang ang kailangan. Xampp is a bloated solution, relatively speaking. Meron naman open source FTP server like filezilla na hindi na kelangan ng ganyang setup unlike sa xampp. Straightforward pa.

Just saying. 😊
yup... eto po kasi yung gamit ko, sinali ko na yung web hosting ko and data server. eto po ay educational purposes na maaring maka tulong sa ating community

yup... eto po kasi yung gamit ko, sinali ko na yung web hosting ko and data server. eto po ay educational purposes na maaring maka tulong sa ating community
Yes kung magpapatakbo ka ng webserver to host your own website then xampp is an all-in-one solution na. But not if you just want to have an ad-hoc file server.

Naaawa ako sa mga susunod ng post po, forgive me for hijacking your thread, but let me share a simple solution for those wishing to have their own FTP server running Android. This has an added bonus that you get the BEST FILE MANAGER for Android as well.

Yes kung magpapatakbo ka ng webserver to host your own website then xampp is an all-in-one solution na. But not if you just want to have an ad-hoc file server.

Naaawa ako sa mga susunod ng post po, forgive me for hijacking your thread, but let me share a simple solution for those wishing to have their own FTP server running Android. This has an added bonus that you get the BEST FILE MANAGER for Android as well.
okay nmn po ako dyan, you could make your own tutorial and i will do mine.

share ka din po para makatulong tayo mag educate sa PHC community

okay nmn po ako dyan, you could make your own tutorial and i will do mine.

share ka din po para makatulong tayo mag educate sa PHC community

Wow …salamat…❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
i know this kaso d ko na syenir kc ang haba… hahahah

Ang tanging tanong ko lng…. Saan kaya tayo maka download ng PRG para sa old version
😅😅😅😅😅

Wow …salamat…❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
i know this kaso d ko na syenir kc ang haba… hahahah

Ang tanging tanong ko lng…. Saan kaya tayo maka download ng PRG para sa old version
😅😅😅😅😅
sa downgrade tut ko po ishare, nka 1 week n akong matagal matulog, syempre di ko to kaya magisa, merong mga ka PHC na tumolung sa akin, tanungin ko pa kung okay sa kanya na ipalabas ko name nya
Maagang pamasko po to sa lahat ng PHC Community

sa downgrade tut ko po ishare, nka 1 week n akong matagal matulog, syempre di ko to kaya magisa, merong mga ka PHC na tumolung sa akin, tanungin ko pa kung okay sa kanya na ipalabas ko name nya

Pamention naman ako doon lodz

Downgrade? :unsure: Posible sa 2040-2973, pero kung 2993-3002 na wala ng rollback firmware 2159-2973 na nakasave. Goodluck nalang. ✌️:D