What's new

How to create a personal file using free servers for Shadowsocks with v2ray plugin. Step by step tutorial help

swald

Addict
I need a step by step tutorial guide on how to create a personal config using the Available free servers for Shadowsocks with v2ray plugin. Thanks in advance for help

Sir, there maybe one in the forum according to your platform. But I'll try to give you hints. The method I'm going to give you is how to use it for PC as I've used it before. I don't use mobile devices. It's up to you how you'll figure out the answers for the rest of your query.

If you want shadowsocks with v2ray plugin only, you'll need an SS GUI and the new obfs plugin. It is the same method using the old simple-obfs plugin as stated here: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.. The only difference is the name. V2ray plugin is an upgraded version of simple-obfs. It uses V2Ray's Websocket/http2 + TLS to make it harder to block. Instead of using the SIP003 plugin here (You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.) you'll use the one here (You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.) in case your shadowsocks (SS) GUI doesn't have this plugin yet. The older shadowsocks (SS) gui back then doesn't have a builtin plugin inside so the plugin is started separately. Luckily, the latest SS release already has one:
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
For normal use (only), get your SS account details with obfs/host options on your favorite account site. You'll get the full config already. Be sure that the SS GUI version still supports the AEAD ciphers you will use as the latest already removed the deprecated ones. You'll have to find out by yourself which version fits. Be sure to add the v2ray plugin inside your SS folder, rename it to ex. v2ray-plugin, and type v2ray-plugin as the name of your plugin in your server configuration. In this way, the GUI will detect this plugin when you get your SS account with this option in your json file. If not, default name "obfs-local" will be used and you'll get an error. For some reason, simple-obfs still works for me as long as I use account settings compatible with SS and the old plugin.

Remember, the configs circulating at PHC are custom made for free net tricks/ISP, so the effects maybe different from free SS account sources you'll be using as the bughosts maybe of no use. You have to test if it'll work or not. You may try changing the host to your bughost or use the cloudflare IPs. (I'm not into free net anymore as I have my own fast internet at home. I use these apps for other purposes, and I build them myself.)

But If you need a full tutorial on how to use v2ray and all its features, you need to visit the developer site. It's all there and just needs a lot of reading and practice. Lookup these links.
You don't need to ask questions anymore if you follow the instructions there, but make sure you compare basic client/server settings on all available configurations you could get to achieve the same effect of your purpose! Get a feel on the full features of the GUI. That's all you need to do.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Since shadowsocks started last 2012, it is already an old but still free effective tool that people should know how to use by now. Sorry for that. V2ray (2015) is just "an upgraded proxy platform" for shadowsocks protocol and the rest of the other protocols supported by it. What I'm saying is, you need to know first how to understand how to use shadowsocks, its configuration, plugins, etc., then move on to use it on the v2ray platform - via command line or with a GUI. Whether you make your own server or use an available server is up to you.

Here in PHC, you'll only get the actual configs directly without even knowing how it was built he he. Unless someone shares a full turorial, you'll have to to find it out on your own. It's like, most people only want to commute these days, and doesn't want to drive alone and fix their cars. You know what I mean!

So if this is still harder for you to understand, better look for AIO PC/android apps that have builtin features for this setup and just acquire/use the configs available at the forum to suit your needs. Choose the easy way, or the hard way!

I hope this helped a bit.

@swald

PS. For simplicity and perfect use of SS + obfs plugin, whenever you are about to insert the "SS url" in your SS GUI, check first the text after "plugin=". That will be the name you will use in your v2ray plugin binary or any similar plugin that your version of SS GUI supports. Always check your SS GUI if it supports the AEAD cipher or encryption (and other features) that the server provides. Look into the encryption rundown menu in your GUI. If it's not there, your server connection will not work in your SS client. Simple!
If you noticed, most PHC sharers provide "SS urls" that use the latest aes-256-gcm encryption, so its highly suitable for the latest SS GUI releases at github.com -https://github.com/shadowsocks/shadowsocks-windows . The aes-256-cfb cipher is already a deprecated encryption though still provided by most free SS + obfs account sites. Avoid them or use as your last option.

Back