What's new

Closed Help redmi 6 ghost touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matamuka

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Ano po kaya problem a nitong fon ko .. kapag nag i-ml ako lagi nalang may napipindot sa screen.. kapag nag lalaro lang po nag ghoghost touch. Bat po kaya.

Attachments

How do I fix ghost touch
  1. If you have connected your phone to a poor quality charging cable, the digitizer(the sensor that detects and locates the touches) malfunctions. Although this is temporary, as once you remove the cable, the phone works normally. However repeated use of poor quality cables can cause permanent damage to the digitizer.
  2. To understand the second reason you will need to know how, a touchscreen works. Capacitive touch screens are constructed from materials like copper or You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. that store electrical charges in an electrostatic grid of tiny wires, each smaller than a human hair. When a finger hits the screen a tiny electrical charge is transferred to the finger to complete the circuit, creating a voltage drop on that point of the screen. Now if you have sweaty hands(like I do) chances are every time you touch the screen, you leave a very very small droplet of sweat on the screen. Now since sweat contains ammonia and various other salts dissolved in it, it acts as a conducting surface and completes the circuit. In smaller quantities this is not particularly harmful. However over time, this damages the touch screen.
  3. Now, the most common reason, why touch screens get damaged. Poor quality screen protectors (including tempered glass and the plastic ones). The cheaper screen protectors are usually made from poor materials and the people who manufacture them don't usually consider the fact of conductivity mentioned in the previous point. As a result the digitizer receives signals from various parts of the screen protector which apparently are conducting and result in ghost touches. This problem is more pronounced in case of tempered glasses, as they are not essentially glasses, they are hard transparent plastic and a flexible plastic glued together. You might have seen this if you have *****ed a tempered glass. Overall I would say avoid screen protectors. Buy a phone with Gorilla glass or DragonTrail glass on it.
  4. Apart from these there can be manufacturing defects of the digitizer (usually found in cheaper phones like Micromax, Lenovo A7000 etc).
So, the verdict is if you have already damaged your digitizer,and you are facing random ghost touches there is no way to fix it. There are many tech channels out there who claim to fix this issue by installing a simple app, but no, a hardware issue can't be fixed by a mere software.
However, there are ways to prevent this-
  • Don't buy phones that don't come with a screen protection like Gorilla or DragonTrail.
  • Don't buy cheaper phones like Micromax, Intex, Lava, Lenovo etc. If your budget is low, go for other options like Xiaomi, Nokia etc.
  • Don't use screen protectors, I know this sounds crazy, but it will help improving the life span of the screen. Make sure you don't scratch the screen. If it's very important, go for the plastic protectors and avoid tempered glasses.
  • Occasionally wipe your screen with a microfiber cloth and make sure you don't touch your phone with dirty fingers.(unless very urgent of course).

How do I fix ghost touch
  1. If you have connected your phone to a poor quality charging cable, the digitizer(the sensor that detects and locates the touches) malfunctions. Although this is temporary, as once you remove the cable, the phone works normally. However repeated use of poor quality cables can cause permanent damage to the digitizer.
  2. To understand the second reason you will need to know how, a touchscreen works. Capacitive touch screens are constructed from materials like copper or You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. that store electrical charges in an electrostatic grid of tiny wires, each smaller than a human hair. When a finger hits the screen a tiny electrical charge is transferred to the finger to complete the circuit, creating a voltage drop on that point of the screen. Now if you have sweaty hands(like I do) chances are every time you touch the screen, you leave a very very small droplet of sweat on the screen. Now since sweat contains ammonia and various other salts dissolved in it, it acts as a conducting surface and completes the circuit. In smaller quantities this is not particularly harmful. However over time, this damages the touch screen.
  3. Now, the most common reason, why touch screens get damaged. Poor quality screen protectors (including tempered glass and the plastic ones). The cheaper screen protectors are usually made from poor materials and the people who manufacture them don't usually consider the fact of conductivity mentioned in the previous point. As a result the digitizer receives signals from various parts of the screen protector which apparently are conducting and result in ghost touches. This problem is more pronounced in case of tempered glasses, as they are not essentially glasses, they are hard transparent plastic and a flexible plastic glued together. You might have seen this if you have *****ed a tempered glass. Overall I would say avoid screen protectors. Buy a phone with Gorilla glass or DragonTrail glass on it.
  4. Apart from these there can be manufacturing defects of the digitizer (usually found in cheaper phones like Micromax, Lenovo A7000 etc).
So, the verdict is if you have already damaged your digitizer,and you are facing random ghost touches there is no way to fix it. There are many tech channels out there who claim to fix this issue by installing a simple app, but no, a hardware issue can't be fixed by a mere software.
However, there are ways to prevent this-
  • Don't buy phones that don't come with a screen protection like Gorilla or DragonTrail.
  • Don't buy cheaper phones like Micromax, Intex, Lava, Lenovo etc. If your budget is low, go for other options like Xiaomi, Nokia etc.
  • Don't use screen protectors, I know this sounds crazy, but it will help improving the life span of the screen. Make sure you don't scratch the screen. If it's very important, go for the plastic protectors and avoid tempered glasses.
  • Occasionally wipe your screen with a microfiber cloth and make sure you don't touch your phone with dirty fingers.(unless very urgent of course).
Ganun pala yun.. salamat sa info boss

Same tayo paps. Sakin kasi may puti sa screen ko. Di napipindut tapos minsan nagghost touch dun sa puti.

wag ka maglalaro ng naka charge ganyan kasi ibang phone eh pag naka plug.

yup tama minsan kasi merong charger na grounded kaya nag yung touchscreen hindi na maganda performance..

if nag touch parin kahit wala charger problema na nya yung touch screen need palitan na haha

Status
Not open for further replies.