What's new

Gov. Gwen Garcia, ipinaliwanag ang direktibang optional na ang paggamit ng face mask sa Cebu

1654909850336.png

"There are those that are complaining why I have made it optional because according to them, now, if we take off the face mask, their flat nose and their ugly face will now finally be revealed. So, it’s optional. You can continue to cover your flat nose and your ugly face."

Ito ang bahagi ng mataray na paliwanag ni Cebu Governor Gwen Garcia sa kanyang Facebook live conference na naganap ngayong Biyernes, June 10, 2022, tungkol sa desisyon niyang gawing optional ang pagsusuot ng face mask sa lalawigang nasasakupan niya.

Isa si Department of Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire sa nagpahayag ng pagkagulat tungkol sa executive order ni Garcia tungkol sa paggamit ng face mask sa Cebu dahil hindi umano kinonsulta ang kanilang tanggapan.

"Actually, honestly, nagulat kami nang lumabas ang executive order. This was not consulted sa amin sa DOH, nor with the IATF.

"Ang IATF, ngayong meron tayong public health emergency, sila yung kinilala na policy-directing body ng buong bansa.

"Meron tayong executive order na ipinalabas ang ating Pangulo kung saan IATF has that authority. Lahat ng response natin in terms of our COVID-19 situation, dumadaan 'yan sa IATF," reaksiyon ni Vergeire sa kontrobersiyal na executive order ng gobernadora ng Cebu.

Nagpasya si Garcia na humarap sa local press dahil marami ang hindi nakakaunawa sa executive order na kanyang nilagdaan noong June 8, ang Executive Order Number 16 o ang Rationalizing the Wearing of Face Masks Within Cebu.

"Rationalizing. What does that mean?" tanong ni Garcia.

"In simple terms, to put some reason, some sense, some common sense, logic, in the wearing of face masks in the province of Cebu.

"May I please emphasize to those of you that are now experiencing violent reactions in other parts of the country?

"It does not apply to your city or to your province except in the province of Cebu and perhaps, the best person that should react should be the Cebuanos themselves because it still does not apply to you if you are against it.

"If you are for it, maybe you can always look at Cebu as a model.

"So rationalizing, the wearing of face masks within Cebu, the pertinent portions would be we shall only require face masks in close or in airconditioned places or spaces.

"However, in well-ventilated and open spaces, the use of face masks shall be optional. That’s the keyword.

"We are not saying do not use. We are however saying it’s your choice if you wish to continue wearing the face masks in well-ventilated and open spaces.

"What do I mean? If you go to the sea and wish to breathe in the sea air, it’s up to you if you wish to continue wearing a face mask."

Patuloy ni Garcia, "You see, sometimes face masks are also very useful, especially when you want to cover the rest of your face.

"If you think that the rest of your face should not be opened for public viewing, that’s fine. We understand. We will understand your insecurity."

"STUPID POLITICIAN"

Sinabi ni Garcia na binabasa nito ang lahat ng mga komento sa social media kaya sinagot niya ang isang taong tinawag siyang "stupid politician" dahil umano sa kanyang stupid policies.

Buwelta niya: "Well, this stupid politician [who] seems to have come up with stupid policies for which 1,478,436 Cebuanos agreed and they agreed so much that the margin between me and my opponent was 1,100,000. This stupid politician.

"This stupid politician has survived and prevailed many challenges in her life and in the most recent election, this stupid politician chose the right candidates delivering over 1,500,000 votes to our next president, Bongbong Marcos, and 1,700,000 votes to our next Vice-President Inday Sara Duterte. That’s how stupid I am.

"You know why I am stupid? Because I go down to the level of the people who chose me, they are my responsibility.

"Stupid is the same as ****. The same buzz words ****, stupid.

"Well, Cebu is the richest province. We delivered the biggest votes and my One Cebu won in practically ninety-five percent of the entire province and we achieved One Cebu Island policies.

"So if that is stupidity, you must really find perhaps what you’re kind of brilliance is."

Attachments