What's new

Stories Gord's Problem

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Gord's Problem
MGL Emvie

Gord was devastated twice. First was with his failure in his research and second was when his best student, Valir betrayed his confidence. No other mage in The Academy was as interested and hooked on research magic as Gord, but as Gord knew the diversity of magic from ancient to forbidden to white and black magic, he will not have time to study all of them. After his repeated failures, he decided upon himself to learn magic on the deeper sense to understand their true nature and counter the cost these magic will incur as a consequence on a mage's curiosity. Besides, when the Abyss came to threaten the world's order, Gord had to learn the nature of Abyss and demonic magic. However, arcane magic alone was impossible to master fully because it would take several lifetime. Gord simple problem was time.

A magic spell that could give him eternal youth could answer Gord's problem but the Abyss was arming up their forces with great speed. By the time Gord has finished analyzing the magic that strengthen the Abyss and the demons, the Lord of the Abyss would have already brought chaos on the world.

It was on this time that the conference of the magic, science and technology came. It was an assembly of the best of the best in Eruditio, the City of Scholars, and the Magic Academy. Although the purpose of their assembly was to maintain peace and order, they always argue about which was better between magic or technology. Since none could find his way to the Magic Academy without a formal invitation the assembly was held in Eruditio.

Magic Academy might not wanted outsiders, but scholars from Eruditio even invites all to embrace and learn science and technology, and not to rely on magic alone.

Gord was sent to Eruditio for the assembly, but before the assembly convened, he strolled around the research facility to see how these 'scientists' perform research in comparison to the mage researchers. There he met a strange old scientist who was tweaking on a machine. When Gord asked about it, he was surprised to know that this machine could make time travel possible, but it was a one way trip as the time where you will land might not have the same machine to send you back home. Besides, no energy source in Eruditio could harness the machine's capability.

Gord was doubtful of that time technology. Magic allows spatial travel but time travel was more or like time leap but with continuous time, similar to the black wizard, Lylia, who could travel to the past but the present continues to run forward. She was just like returning to her past self. Gord wanted to study all magic, so he needed to rewind the entirety of time.

Gord shook the hands of the doctor (scientist) and said, "Wish you luck!" as a sign of courtesy. But when he touched the steel of the machine, he felt the ancient arcane magic from his body seeping out from his fingers. He pulled it like as if he touched a hot stove but in that instant, the world swirled and implode, crushing all his eyes can see.

Gord's heart throbbed rapidly. He grabbed the ground so he could maintain his footings but he threw up right after he recovered his breathe. When he looked around, things was normal except it was the familiar walls where he usually confine himself when he had fallen in depression from his first failure. It's the time before Elward rescued him on his sorrows. He went to met Elward and told him what happened and what are about to happen. Elward was surprised and adviced Gord to research flame magic too.

"That too, but still, I return to this time but I wish I could've return further past. Believe it or not, the scholars of Eruditio made this possible." Gord said.

One day later, when Gord awaken he planned to start the day finding magic tomes of fire. But he was surprised that Elward had no recollection of yesterday. Gord shrugged it off and continued his research but after that day, when he called Elward, he didn't had recollection of the day earlier again.

"I kept returning to the same day?"

Gord tried to stay awake until the day ended but whenever twelve midnight came, the nauseous swirling and imploding would force him to return again. Gord accepted that he was stuck but fortunately, the time loop didn't reset his mind and consciousness. So, he studied and piled up knowledge as he continued looping back on time.

Gord find incredible ways to use that less than 24-hour loop to circumnavigate and to travel around the Land of Dawn to gather knowledge and magic. Some cost him limbs, blood, and broken bones on his already deformed body. He even came to near fatal stunts just for his experiments, but the midnight loop cap always saves him.

"What a nightmare. It is easy to loose your mind." Gord said.

For what we could compare to two hundred thousand years, Gord was finally confident he had learned all the knowledge about magic. Fifty thousand years to gather them all, and the rest to make sure they remain on his memory and mind. He learned the limit capacity of his body and accepted not all magic is compatible, just like arcane. But what he lacked, he memorize, and what he believed was the least important was left behind. However, ancient time magic is a powerful spell that even him couldn't perform. He couldn't break the loop.

"Learning and teaching this magic to someone cost great amount of time, and dangerous." Because of that, Gord decided the preposterous plan of joining in Eruditio to build the time machine. He kept advancing technology until he learned how to build it and use it to return.

And now Gord returned to the present, armed with powerful magical knowledge. Then the conference convenes.

Author's Note: "Thanks for reading! Let me write much more interesting and beautiful stories. Tell me your opinions, constructive criticism, and thoughts about this story. Comment which parts are funny, boring, and interesting. Finally, give me idea if this story became relatable in your life experience. Enjoy!

To my PHC readers, I love that you react in the story that I thought so hard to write. But please, I wish for you to comment your thoughts other than "thanks." Your comment, positive or negative, will be welcomed and it will inspire me to write more and improve even better. Long live the readers! Let's train our minds and imagination!

hahaha parang rezero lang
Hahaha, parang ganun na nga.
Sa ML Lore, tunay na hindi magkakasundo mga researcher ng Magic Academy (Sina Eudora, Lylia, Valir, Gord, at iba pang wizards), at ang mga taga Eruditio, tulad nila Layla, Natan, at ibang techies sa Land of Dawn. Isang dagat lang ang pagitan ng Magic Academy at Eruditio, at border territory nila (adjacent) ang Imperyong Moniyan.

Hahaha, parang ganun na nga.
Sa ML Lore, tunay na hindi magkakasundo mga researcher ng Magic Academy (Sina Eudora, Lylia, Valir, Gord, at iba pang wizards), at ang mga taga Eruditio, tulad nila Layla, Natan, at ibang techies sa Land of Dawn. Isang dagat lang ang pagitan ng Magic Academy at Eruditio, at border territory nila (adjacent) ang Imperyong Moniyan.
maganda ung story lods kabitin lng hahaha ano kaya ginawa ni gord sa mga hampas lupang nag meeting

maganda ung story lods kabitin lng hahaha ano kaya ginawa ni gord sa mga hampas lupang nag meeting
Hahaha, di sila magkakasundo dahil hindi gusto ng mga taga Magic Academy ang technology at ayaw ng mga scholars na magrely sa magic, pero pareho pa rin nilang kalaban ang Abyss. Ang story na ito ay linked at related sa cannon lore ng ML, headcannon ko ang idea ng time loop.

Nakikilala mo ba yung scientist?

Hahaha, di sila magkakasundo dahil hindi gusto ng mga taga Magic Academy ang technology at ayaw ng mga scholars na magrely sa magic, pero pareho pa rin nilang kalaban ang Abyss. Ang story na ito ay linked at related sa cannon lore ng ML, headcannon ko ang idea ng time loop.

Nakikilala mo ba yung scientist?
si harley hahaha

si harley hahaha
Dr. Rooney

un na nga ung epic ni harley hahaha abangan ko na lang sa next story
Mythical scientist Dr. Rooney, lalabas din ang hero na yan sa ML balang araw. Scientist sa 1718 lab.

Yan ang imagined character ng isang taga Wiki kay Dr. Rooney since isang shadow character lang siya sa Lore ng ML :)

Attachments

Last edited: