What's new

Tutorial Globe Home Prepaid Wifi ZLT S10G (some of my experience on this modem and things that I have learned)

velcro27

Addict
Reaction
Hi!

So recently I bought this modem for temporary use while waiting for my Fiber line to be connected. It has been a tedious 3 day tweaking and finding the right set-up and spot for the modem to get the best signal strength and speed that I can. A lot of the threads that I have read on this thread are asking about how to get the best speed and signal for there modem and not explaining the basics of what to look at on your settings. So I'm creating this thread to atleast make you readers aware (if your still not) that this are the things that you should look at and not just the signal.

LINK: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

This is simple yet efficient way to read your modems signal. By having a balance of every "Good" or "Excelent" numbers of each measurement, you can have a stable and consistent connection. You can click the link if you still want to read on about this.

1592282868660.png

Now little bit of backgroud, the past 3 days was hell. Inconsistent connection, abrupt speed test, high latency and everything that you can think of when configuring your modem. So I decided to do something about the modem and try accessing the full admin settings. By the way. I'm using the Globe Home Prepaid Wifi ZLT S10G model. I chose this model for it's easy openline and full admin access tutorials. I won't bother giving the tutorial here, kindly search you way on how to do those things, it's all over the web (and even here in this forum).

Now the steps that I did to achieve my stable signal and connection:

NOTE: ALL OF THIS ARE SETTINGS THAT YOU CAN ACCESS ON FULL ADMIN MODE

1. Find a spot for your modem. Some say that signal strength is irrelevant and you should not focus on this. But as bit a of OC person, I like my signal to be max as much as possible. So look for a spot for you modem that has atleast 4-5 bars of signal strength on the spot.

Quick tip: Try using the app OPEN SIGNAL. It can show you the nearest Cell tower in your area and try facing the antennas for your modem there.

2. Look for the best Band frequency for your modem. Again, you can access this once you have the full admin access on your modem. This is the most critical part of what you should find for your modem. Every area has a different signals of Band, try to find the best signal of Band on your area. Choose one and speed test, rinse and repeat until you can get the highest download and upload speed. Once you get one, lock that Band and proceed to the next step.

3. Cell locking. This is an optional set-up, if you live in a bustling and very busy city (like I do), chances are all the cell towers are congested. If you want to have a stable connection and stop your modem on hunting cell towers, Cell locking is the key. BUT in order to have the best result, you must first get the best cell tower in your area. The technique here is using the app NET MONITOR, this app will guide you on the list of the cell tower and cell id in your area. Try looking for GREEN cell tower and ID and lock that. It's a tiresome task but once you get your cell tower and ID, everything will be smooth from here.

Quick tip: There's an option on the setting of NET MONITOR app that you can categorize the Cell ID according to BAND name. This is very useful especially if you already got the best Band frequency for your modem.

4. WiFi frequency channel. Again, using a less congested channel for your modem is the key for a good and stable connection. Use the app NETGEAR WIFI ANALYTICS for this one. It will show you the least congested channel for your WiFi frequency.

5. APN. For the modem that I use, it is very tricky to add an APN, so just search it again and be done with it. It's okay to use the standard APN of the modem, this is just an optional setting that you can tinker with if you have the time and patience.

So those are the things that I tinkered on my modem to get the best possible result of RSRP, RSRQ, SINR and RSSI on my modem. This is not a full guide post per se, but the things that I have listed are the tools that you may need to get a start from it. The rest is up to you if you have the patience for researching and reading about this.

Or just stick the stock settings and let the modem do the job for you.

Here's the modem measurement that I have right now, I change between BAND 3 and 41 depending on the time and have a stable locked Cell ID.
1592285624856.png

GOOD LUCK!

Attachments

Last edited:
Mabuti naman at nakuha mong mai ayos yung connection mo, ako minsan hindi ako nag re-rely sa figure/reading na nasa gui/dashboard ng modem hindi rin madalas accurate yun once mag speed test ka or sa actual habang nag bu-browse, streaming or download ka ng file

yan yung S10G ko
Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

even walang bar sa signal indicator ay yan yung actual speed

Speed Test.JPG

yan naman yung Globe at home sim with vpn (para magamit yung WNP)

Attachments

ano ba pinakamaganda na modem ngayon mga sir ? at madali i Open line ? At nasa magkano rin gagastusin . and need paba antenas ? nasa city ako

ano ba pinakamaganda na modem ngayon mga sir ? at madali i Open line ? At nasa magkano rin gagastusin . and need paba antenas ? nasa city ako
if minimal openline lang (unlock all networks, cell locking, band frequency settings, but limited to change imei) ZLT S10G model

[XX='J E M S, c: 26726, m: 333988'][/XX] haha, paki check po yung ss ko, ni wala pong guhit doon sa signal bar, how much more kung meron. Tamang hanap lang talaga ng tamang pwesto at band

pahirapan din dito kumuha ng signal lalo na sa probinsya, basta alam ko lang ang preferred lte band frequency for smart is Band28
while globe is any band except Band1

Anong band gamit mo sir? 3 tapos 28 lang available samin. Pag sinet ko sa 40 and 41 no service kakaumay xD

depende sa area, pero gaya nga ng sabi ko, wag mag rely sa visual na signal (signal indicator pati yung figure sa device info like SINR/RSRP/RSRQ etc

Tamang test lang per band

ikr, pero signal ka pa rin kukuha ng info, dahil malayo ang cell tower sa amin, unlike yours na full bar signal but overloaded, ito ang point ko