What's new

Closed Globe Home Prepaid Wifi Sim vs Globe LTE Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

velcro27

Addict
TL;DR Globe Home Prepaid Wifi Sim is so slow and inconsistent with its speed and connection while ordinary Globe LTE Sim works fine be it on my phone or in the GHPW Modem. If you can suggest a promo for data that has the same amount of data on the 199 promo of GHPW on other network, I'm very willing to try it out. Or possible solution for my problem on GHPW sim would also work fine for me. Thanks!

Hi! It's been a whole 2 days of monitoring and tweaking for my new Globe Home Prepaid Wifi (GHPW) using ZLT S10G modem.

Things that I have noticed is that my GHPW sim is so freaking slow and inconsistent. Latency and slow down speed are some of the issues that I've encountered. Understandable that peak hours are the time of inconsistency and slow speeds but having the these inconsistency on low peak hours (1am onwards) is a bit frustrating.

Things that I have tinkered on my S10G modem:
• Full Admin access
• Band Locking
- tried one by one, using Band 28 now
• Cell Blocking - Used Net Monitoring app in finding the best access point for cell locking, currently using one
• APN - added few APN (257 Life APN, Smart Internet, BSNL Max), currently using 257 Life APN
• Frequency Channel - Used Netgear Wifi Analytics app, I constantly change my channel depending on which channel has the fewest.

Those are the things that I have done on my GHPW and to be fair, down and up speed changed for the good. The problem that I have now is the sudden surge of latency (ms) and frequent disconnection. I run ping 8.8.8.8 -t on CMD just to check the latency that I get, Request time out often appears one more than 2 device is connected on the modem. This is a huge problem for us since most of us are working from home now.

And yes I do have a wire (Fiber) connection but it's still on the processing of connection since we moved out 3 weeks ago, and requesting for relocation is a taking a bit long for PLDT. That's why we opted using a Prepaid WIfi broadband for the meantime. Before getting one tho, I tried both Smart and Globe LTE sims in my home and tested the speed. Both sims are fast in my area, but we chose Globe since it gave us a consistent connection for our video call meetings. Fast forward last Friday night, I bought my GHPW and you know the rest.

I tried every possible way to get a consistent connection. Finding a suitable area to place my GHPW and pointing the antenna on the location of the nearest LTE tower (using Open Signal app to locate the towers). I get the speeds (down and up) but the consistency of the connection is the problem. I've tried putting my LTE sim from my Phone on the GHPW modem, and poof fast down and up speed, consistent latency and now down time. I tried using open Signal again and to my surprise there's a LTE tower right beside my building but when I use the GHPW Sim, the tower doesn't show up on the app.

Now my conclusion is that the GHPW Sim has limited LTE towers connected too that's why the inconsistency of the the connection. Now some of you might say that to use the LTE sim and be done with it but the reason the I want to use the GHPW sim is for the promo 199 24gbs of data. This is very appealing to me and to members of my house since we can all share and pitch in for the load than have ourselves load up our individual phones for data.

Is there any possible solution or fix that you can share to me to have this GHPW Sim card work for us. If not I'm very open in using other network as long as it has the same amount of data on that price range. I can openline my GHPW modem anytime if I can get a better deal with other network.

Thanks for reading up until now. If you can give me any suggestions or possible solution for this, it would be a really big help for us.

Halos same tayo ng case. GHPW sim works well for me unlike the prepaid sim, inconsistent ang ping. Baka maraming naka GHPW sa area mo at medyo congested na. If okay naman sayo yung prepaid sim ng globe, mag go promos ka na lang.

Mag register ka ng apat na go50, that's 20gig already. Tapos patungan mo na lang ng gosurfbe34 para maging 15days ang validity. 20gig for 15 days tapos ang cost eh 234 lang. Not bad na din dba?

Status
Not open for further replies.