What's new

GCASH Mastercard Advisory: Linking of OLD Mastercard until April 24, 2021

stantokki

Forum Veteran
Reaction
Sa bibili po dyan ng bagong GCASH Mastercard, please be advised.

Magaupdate ang GCASH ng kanilang Card System, please ensure na naka link ang inyong card sa inyong GCASH Account hangang April 24, 2021. For carriers of old or new cards who failed to link it to their GCash account by April 24, 2021, their cards will no longer be valid.

1613547513795.png

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What are the upcoming features of GCash Mastercard?
    • Virtual Account Number (VAN) - cardholders will be assigned their exclusive 12 digit Virtual Account Number as an added security feature
    • Card PIN - cardholders will soon be able to nominate a 6 digit card pin for their cards that is different from their GCash 4 digit MPIN
  2. How will I get my Virtual Account Number (VAN)?
    • For carriers of old cards who were able to link their GCash Mastercard before April 24, 2021, their VAN will automatically be assigned to their GCash Mastercard viewable via the "My Linked Account > GCash Mastercard" within the GCash app
    • For carriers of new cards, the VAN can be found at the back of the card. Cardholders will still have to link their GCash Mastercard before April 24, 2021
    • For carriers of old or new cards who failed to link it to their GCash account by April 24, 2021, their cards will no longer be valid
  3. How do I nominate my 6 digit Card PIN?
    • This will be part of the steps when linking our GCash Mastercard after April 24, 2021
    • For those with existing card and were able to link it before April 24, 2021, they will also be prompted to nominate a 6 digit card pin
    • Watch out for further announcements on this
  4. Will my existing card be replaced?
    • No cards shall be replaced during enhancements
    • All new features will be applied seamlessly within our GCash app
    • Non GCash app users will also be able to enjoy the new features with the support of IVR via 2882
  5. Will I be able to unlink or deactivate my card by myself soon?
    • Yes! One of the upcoming feature is our ability to deactivate linked cards through IVR or GCash App without relying on agent intervention
    • This will happen once we have completed the enhancement estimated around April 24, 2021

Attachments

Last edited:
Tanong ko lang po. Pag naka link na yung gcash mastercard sa old gcash account ko, pwede pa po ba unlink ito tapos link ulet sa bagong kong gcash account?

Pwede mo po iunlink, ngayon I think tru email/ ticket pa muna, kaso di ko sure kung pwede mo gamitin yung unlinked card mo sa bagong gcash account.