TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 30 min. + standing
MAKES: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 serving equals 298 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix celery, green pepper, green onions and garlic.
- Place roast in a roasting pan, fat side up. With a sharp knife, make deep slits into top of roast, cutting between ribs. Fill each with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle roast with salt and cayenne.
- Roast 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 8 servings.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.