What's new

Help Games that were released on retro platforms in the past few years

dothackjhe

Forum Expert
Elite
I am looking for a list of games that were recently released / re-released on retro platforms, like Nintendo Game Boy or Game Boy Color, in 2019 up to the present.

For example, Trip World from the original Game Boy was about to be released as a colored version on the Game Boy Color, labeled Trip World DX, via Limited Run Games, later in April 2023.

Asking both people and chatbot.

Sure, I'd be happy to help! Here are some games that were recently released or re-released on retro platforms:

1. Shantae: This popular platformer was originally released on the Game Boy Color in 2002, but it recently received a re-release on the Nintendo Switch in 2020.

2. Link's Awakening DX: Another Game Boy Color classic, this re-release features updated graphics and a new dungeon. It was released on the Nintendo Switch in 2019.

3. Tetris: The classic puzzle game never goes out of style, and it received a physical release on the Game Boy in 2020.

4. Mega Man: Capcom re-released several of the classic Mega Man games on various platforms, including the Game Boy, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4.

5. Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection: This modern take on the classic arcade game was released on the Nintendo Switch in 2021.

6. Dragon Quest: The original Dragon Quest games received a re-release on the Nintendo Switch in 2019, complete with updated graphics and a new orchestral soundtrack.

7. Castlevania Anniversary Collection: This collection includes several classic Castlevania games, including one that was originally released on the Game Boy, and was released on various platforms in 2019.

8. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap: This classic Sega Master System game was remade and released on various platforms, including the Nintendo Switch, in 2017.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.