What's new

Stories Friends, Enemies, and Strangers

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Friends, Enemies, and Strangers
MGL Emvie

Aulus is the bodyguard of the scholar doctor in Eruditio City. When the doctor decided to rest for the day in The Town's inn, Aulus came to relax in Dawn's Tavern.

"Beer! Cold and fizzling!" he ordered as he stomped his bottom on the round chair. Owing to his vicious face, none dares to sit the nearest five seat.

But later, a huge man in full plated armor came and sat one chair apart. He ordered the same drink as Aulus and said, "You still need to shave those hair."

Aulus glanced and said, "Tigreal.

"You still seek employment for your protection services?"

"When I came to join the caravan, which you command, you told me to join the circus. That distressed my mind but it encouraged my heart.

"What? You really joined a circus?"

Aulus kept his silence but he slid a bodyguard badge with his name.

"Hmmp!" scoffed Tigreal.

A lady-knight reached the empty seat in-between Aulus and Tigreal. The bartender realized her wink and offered two mugs of beer; for her and for Tigreal.

"You succeed, Aulus!" she said.

Tigreal almost fall off from his chair. "You are the vigilante, Benedetta!"

"Tigreal. The one who kept in pursuit against me for ten years. It's also been ten years since we last saw each other."

"I've heard much of your achievements unlike this little man---" Tigreal smirked while locking his gaze at Aulus. "---I regret turning down your application in the military. You know this little man, Benedetta?"

"Aulus is a brave warrior. He trained in the mountains, where I've found him. We hunted demons for several years. He's still hairy. He didn't changed much---"

"---and as much as grow." Tigreal added.

Aulus sighed at Tigreal's mockery of his height. The shield of the city still don't see him as a force that could contribute to a victory.

"Ms. Bene gave me battle experiences. She polished the crude fighting style of my battle axe. Though a lady, she's the sword that the demons came to fear. In fact, there's only a few of them left. Many had fallen victim to her blade. They commit the same mistake such as yours. Underestimating a lady." Aulus said.

"Is there such things as a fighting style for battle-axe? HAHAHA!" Tigreal said.

"Kid!" a man called and stood beside Aulus. "Is her blade much feared than my [Demon Hunter Sword]?"

Benedetta coughed her beer and exclaimed, "Alucard!"

"Benedetta. The elusive vigilante." Alucard said simply.

"How'd you find out--- You've come to serve my arrest warrant?" Benedetta said, reaching the hilt of her sword.

"---relax! As the most outstanding fighter in our squad, I've invited him to join me this evening." Tigreal said.

Alucard sat beside Aulus, opposite to Benedetta. He took his sword beside his chair and tapped the table to call the bartender. "Dawn's beer!" he ordered.

"You've competed with this hunter before, Ms. Bene?" Aulus said.

Benedetta nodded with alarmed eyes.

"I remembered, I tasked Alu to capture the elusive vigilante years ago---" Tigreal said.

"---and we've competed to hunt demons, who could capture them first." Alucard retorted.

"Your silly games caused disruption in our intel back then!" Tigreal cried at Alucard.

Benedetta grabbed her beer and before she sipped, she said, "I hunt demons, and exterminate criminals but the military branded me a terrorist instead of gratitude. Alucard pursued me as I was in their wanted list."

"We're more than happy now to have your help." Tigreal said.

"After you declined Ms. Bene, you still have the face to ask that?" Aulus said.

"I regretted turning down her services, not yours." "Thanks that you left the vigilante hunting thing. But becoming a bodyguard? I still think that your talent fits in a circus camp."

Alucard gulped the mug of beer and knocked it on the desk. He exhaled, and the scent of burnt barley and earthy grapes spread.

The smell hit Aulus's nostrils and forced him to sneeze. He wiped his face, and closed his eyes.

"I enjoy the days we raced to catch demons." Alucard said.

"But where did you go several years ago? Not that I missed you, but it was strange that after so long of hunting me, you vanished." Benedetta replied.

"I lead the vanguard army in the hunt against archdemons in the south. We just finished that mission." Alucard said.

"Alu--" called Tigreal "--always add 'in victory' in every thing you say about mission. 'We've finished that mission in victory.'"

Alucard scratched his neck. The shield of the city is still addicted for victory and glory.

"I'm here for Tig's invitation after that three-year mission." Alucard said.

"A celebration after a successful mission, then? I've come to rest. I'm on the way to the next region. I've clean up the demons in these domain. How about you, Aulus?" Benedetta asked.

"My employer took a rest in The Town's inn so I thought that I would visit the famous Dawn Tavern."

"Amazing coincidence. After many years..." Tigreal said. Then he chugged his beer.

Alucard leaned his arms at Aulus's shoulder. He said, "At the same place at the same time, we've met each other. It's a good reunion!"

"Back then I was just a commander of the caravan protection unit, and now I am the shield of the city!"

"I became a famous bodyguard." Aulus quickly said.

"Hah! I don't know it. You're not that famous." Tigreal replied in haste.

Benedetta sneered and said, "Aulus and I never failed our jobs. As I brought victory for all, Aulus was successful in her services for private individuals. So you won't hear his achievements like mine. Height aside, he's quite talented."

Alucard knocked his mug and said, "I've won wars and became a hero! Let's toast for our achievements!"

"Let's toast!" Aulus exclaimed, raising his mug.

"For a little bit, lower your mugs. I fear this little man couldn't reach---" Tigreal said.

"--Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Go for it! Cheers!" Aulus exclaimed.

~
~
~
×××××××××××××××××××××××××

Author's Note: "Thanks for reading! Let me write much more interesting and beautiful stories. Tell me your opinions, constructive criticism, and thoughts about this story. Comment which parts are funny, boring, and interesting. Finally, give me idea if this story became relatable in your life experience. Enjoy!

To my PHC readers, I love that you react in the story that I thought so hard to write. But please, I wish for you to comment your thoughts other than "thanks." Your comment, positive or negative, will be welcomed and it will inspire me to write more and improve even better. Long live the readers! Let's train our minds and imagination!

Attachments

Leonin si Aulus tulad ni Nana. Nakatira sila sa kagubatan ng Azrya Mountains. Si Lolita naman ay engineer yan sa Eruditio. Ayon sa lore. Hehe