FRIED MAC AND CHEESE BALLS
Serves: Makes 12-18 Mac and Cheese Balls
- 3 cups Mac and Cheese, chilled
- ¼ sliced pepperoncini, finely diced
- 3 oz. Kettle Brand Pepperoncini Chips, finely crushed
- ⅓ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine and fold chilled mac and cheese with diced pepperoncini. Scoop and form mac and cheese into 1½ inch ball, transfer to parchment lined bakesheet. Continue until all balls are formed
- In second bowl, combine and toss Kettle Brand’s Pepperoncini chips with Panko bread crumb; set aside. Roll mac and cheese ball into beaten eggs and then cover with chip mixture. Transfer ball to parchment lined bake sheet. Continue until all mac and cheese balls are fully assembled.
- Clip a deep fry thermometer to side of medium pan. Fill pan with enough oil, so that mac and cheese balls can be submerged by at least an inch. Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Slowly lower just a few mac and cheese balls into oil (exact number will vary according to pan size), make sure not to crowd the pan. Deep fry for 30-45 seconds, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and transfer to cooling rack.