- No prior knowledge required. Some programming background would be beneficial.
- PC or Mac that can run Android Studio and the Android Virtual Device.
Android accounts for approximately 85% of all devices sold today (2017 Q1). It only makes sense for you to be developing applications for the Android platform.
I will take you through the basics of Android Application development, and introduce some more complex features as well. This includes the following:
- An extensive look at the Java programming language
- Introduction to Android, installing Android Studio.
- Create your first Android Application, learn to debug the application and learn how to create a signed APK that you can submit to the play store.
- Working with implicit and explicit intents
- Detailed example of how to work with Fragments
- Learn some customizations like a custom ListView, Toast, TextView and ActionBar
- Learn how to save data to the phone in the form of SharedPreferences, Files and SQLite
- Learn how to implement Android 6 Permissions
- Read data from a RSS feed and sending SMSes programmatically
- Learn how to save data online and do user management with Backendless (MBAAS)