What's new

Android Format SD card as Internal Storage

max_cute24

Eternal Poster
Established
Reaction
Good Day mga ka phc,

Have you tried ba nitong procedure to set sd card as Internal Storage in your Android phone?

******†*********†*********†******
Please find help from some professional.

1. Please make sure the Android battery is not empty or at least 50% capacity left.
  2. Make sure our Computer already known our Android by using command : adb devices
  3. Continue type : adb shell sm list-disks
  4. Continue type : adb shell sm list-volumes all (we will see disk-ID which will use at no.6 steps – eg: 179,64)
  5. Continue type : adb shell sm set-force-adoptable true
  6. Continue type : adb shell sm partition disk:179,64 private (wait several minutes depend on smartphone and sd card)- *** here, I used 179,128 private with my 128gb sd.
  7. Continue type : adb shell sm set-force-adoptable false
  8. Continue type : adb shell sm list-volumes all
  9. After no.8 finish, then Reboot / Restart our Android phone
  10. After finish reboot, then continue choose Setting > Storage > sd card > (find menu) Migrate data

Please note that all already use adoptable storage microsd card, can not read anymore with external device then Android smartphone who done this process, because the MicroSD card is encrypted and only readable with this phone. That is why we should forget to unplug or remove this memory card to transfer some files.

I did try it with my 128gb micro SD.

Screenshot_20210713_125149.jpg

Ctto: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Attachments

Hindi ito advisable, that's why Google pulled out this feature kasi hindi talaga kaya ng Android OS (as of now) ang constant read and write ng SD card because of the filesystem of Android. Tinesting ko to before sa stock Android 12 + 128gb Class 10 SD. Ilang days lang toasted and corrupted na kagad yung SD card. Mahirap ireverse format ito to portable storage lalo na sa Android 10+ unless alam mo pasikot sikot ng ADB. There's a safe way tho, linking the Android apps to the SD Card if your OS has root access.