Closed Filipino Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunatic

Army of the Galaxy 👨‍💼👽👌
Reaction
Ang Simpling Buhay Bilang isang Pilipino

FB_IMG_1572078642997.jpg

LIFE IS TOUGH IN THE PHILIPPINES. That is a fact for many people living here. Yes, this country is beautiful, and yes, it is blooming with fun experiences to be had...

But not everything is glorious.

Life is tough.

If you have been following my life over the past six years, you would notice that I share positive things in abundance about the Philippines. Why? Because they exist, and they should be shared and talked about. This country is full of amazing things! But without a doubt...

You will also be exposed to a lot sad, and difficult things here.

There are millions of Filipinos battling through the organized chaos everyday. Taking on life, adapting, persevering, surviving... It can actually be quite overwhelming at times. Watching the daily grind. Filipinos are tough.

Now what I am about to say might sound strange... but if you come to the Philippines as a tourist. I would encourage you to spend some time getting to know the "hard/difficult side" of the Philippines. Connect with Filipinos in difficult situations...

Why?

Well I think the usual answer, and a very good one would be... Because you can help. Which is great of course. Those of us who are now in comfortable situations in our lives should always be actively looking at ways we can help uplift others to get comfortable and thrive.

But you know what... I feel there is something even more powerful about connecting locally here in the Philippines. This is hard to write, and I am struggling to say this right... But let me share something with you:

"Kulas, are you not afraid? You seem so care free?"

People bring that up with me often. And here is the truth...

I have a lot of anxieties. I have a lot of difficult things that creep into my life and mind... everyday.

But no. I don't fear. I am not afraid.

Everyday I am surrounded by millions of people who wake up early, and take on life... people who power through the organized chaos of commuting, and intense competitiveness of finding work. People who take undervalued wages back home, pool them together, and share them... just to help their families survive. Seriously... Filipinos are TOUGH.

You see, fear is something that just doesn't exist in my life anymore. Filipinos took away my fear. They made me believe...

Whatever life may throw at me... it is going to be okay. I have met way too many people here in the Philippines with extreme difficulties in their lives, but they still find it deep within themselves to appreciate, and SHARE HAPPINESS with people around them. They take their fear and transform it into happiness.

It is so beautiful.

I am forever indebted to this country. Filipinos helped me, help myself.

Life is tough here. But the spirit and resiliency you can connect with and learn from...

is life changing.

#BecomingFilipino
Credit to Kyle jenermann Kulas

Source from Philippines Shocking History

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.