What's new

Trivia Fact I hope I never learned.

Kaplok Kaplok

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
Some years ago, noong nagsisimula palang ako sa pagiging aircraft technician, i was bored so i decided to clean the belly of the plane. The bottom of the plane is one of the most neglected areas. Carbon build up, grease and grime collects at the bottom and are not cleaned enough due to not being too visible, causing problems in the future.

There is this mysterious part na nacurious ako. Tinanong ko yung boss ko kung ano ito. 20230403_075021.jpg Sabi lang niya sakin. "Never touch that thing." So hula ko, it is a special antenna of some kind. I looked at it closely. Seems like it is made of plastic. So probably not an antenna. Maybe, i thought, a high power speaker to communicate to the ground. These airplanes are former military airplanes anyway renewed for20230403_074957.jpg this new project so I thought that made sense. Sinundan ko yung parang wire behind it to see where it goes. At pumasok ako sa cabin.

Here is what I found out. It was not a wire connecting it from top to bottom but a hose. I found this out by putting it up against my eye to peek what is in there. And to my horror this is how it comes out in the cabin. It dawned on me what that thing is for.
20230403_075151.jpg

Pag ang isang piloto ay naiihi, there is no toilets in this plane. And there is no autopilot feauture on this model. So that is how they relieve themselves.

2 things I learned.
1 - Pag sinabihan kang don't touch something, don't touch it.

2 - Pag naglalakad ka somewhere na walang building, or ulap.. tapos may naramdaman kang patak somewhere, maybe sa braso, sa noo, pisngi, or sa gilid ng labi mo. NOW YOU KNOW KUNG SAAN GALING YUN. 🤣😈

Attachments

Parang hirap non e unzip at zip ulit ah, habang nag d drive hahaha