What's new

Eddie Van Halen (R.I.P.)

uploader74

Forum Veteran
Reaction
Edward Lodewijk Van Halen (/væn ˈheɪlən/ van HAY-lən; January 26, 1955 – October 6, 2020) was an American musician and songwriter. He was the main songwriter and guitarist of the American rock band Van Halen, which he co-founded in 1972 with his brother, drummer Alex Van Halen, bassist Mark Stone, and singer David Lee Roth. He is regarded as one of the all-time great guitar players in rock history and was well known for popularizing the tapping guitar solo technique, allowing rapid arpeggios to be played with two hands on the fretboard.

Van Halen struggled with *******ism and drug abuse. He began ******* and drinking at the age of 12, and he stated that he eventually needed ******* to function. He entered rehabilitation in 2007, and he had been sober since 2008.

vanhalen.RIP.jpg

He began receiving treatment for tongue cancer in 2000. The subsequent surgery removed roughly a third of his tongue. He was declared cancer-free in 2002. He blamed the tongue cancer on his habit of holding guitar picks in his mouth, stating in 2015: "I used metal picks – they're brass and copper – which I always held in my mouth, in the exact place where I got the tongue cancer. ... I mean, I was ******* and doing a lot of drugs and a lot of everything. But at the same time, my lungs are totally clear. This is just my own theory, but the doctors say it's possible."

In 2012, Van Halen underwent an emergency surgery for a severe bout of diverticulitis.Recovery time required due to the surgery led to postponement of Van Halen tour dates scheduled in Japan. Van Halen was later hospitalized in 2019 after battling throat cancer over the previous five years, and his ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli also mentioned a battle with lung cancer in an Instagram post shortly after his death.

He died from the illness at Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California on October 6, 2020, at the age of 65 surrounded by his wife, Janie; son and Van Halen bassist, Wolfgang; ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli; and brother, Alex; co-founder and drummer of Van Halen. Some of Van Halen's childhood landmarks in Pasadena became memorials where fans could pay their respects.

On November 16, 2020, Eddie's son Wolfgang announced on The Howard Stern Show that Van Halen had disbanded, saying "You can't have Van Halen without Eddie Van Halen.

Pls click the LIKE button - If you're into Rock.
like.ph.jpg

Attachments